Professor and Department Chair
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OFFICE: Lewis Hall (LEWS) 107
- PHONE: (931) 372-3238
- FAX: (931) 372-3813
Lewis Hall 107
920 N. Peachtree Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38505
- Development of Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Welding Engineering and Metallurgy
- Recycling and Reuse of Industrial Solid Waste Materials
- Web-based Distance Learning
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- K.M. Ibrahim, M.M. Ibrahim, A.A. Nofal and A.H. ElSawy, “Effect of Alloying Addition and Two-Step Austempering on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Ductile Iron,” MDP-9.Conference, Mena-House Oberoi, Cairo, Egypt, January 8 - 10, 2008.
- K. M. Ibrahim and A.H. ElSawy, “Enhancement Abrasion Resistance of Ductile Cast Iron by Applying Two-Step Austempering Process,” Proceedings of the 15th International Colloquium Tribology, Automotive and Industrial Lubrication, Technishe Akademie Asslingen (TAE), Stuttgart/Ostfildern, Germany, January 17-19, 2007.
- K. M. Ibrahim and A.H. ElSawy, “Enhancement abrasion Resistance of Ductile Cast Iron by Applying Two-Step Austempering Process,” Proceedings of the 15th International Colloquium Tribology, Automotive and Industrial Lubrication, Technishe Akademie Asslingen (TAE), Stuttgart/Ostfildern, Germany, January 17-19, 2007.
- K. M. Ibrahim and A.H. ElSawy, “Influence of Graphite Morphology and Matrix Structure on Fatigue Strength and Wear Resistance of Ductile Cast Iron," Ductile Iron Society annual meeting to be held in Birmingham, Alabama, June 21-23, 2006.
- I. Fidan, A. ElSawy, "The Development of a Knowledge-Based Tool for CNC Machining," International Journal of Engineering Education, v. 18, n. 6, pp. 732-735, 2002.
- I. Fidan, A. ElSawy, "Computer Aided Design and Analysis of Hydraulics Systems in an Applied Fluid Power Technology Course," Computers in Education Journal , v. 11, n. 1, pp. 34-38. 2001.
- A. ElSawy, "Characterization of the GTAW fusion line phases for Superferritic stainless steel weldments" Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Elsevier, Vol. 118, pp. 128-132, 2001.
- N. Fritz, A. ElSawy, K.-H. Modler, & H. Goldhahn, "Simulation of mechanical drives with EASY5 ®," Journal of Computers and Industrial Engineering, Pergamon Press, Vol. 37, Nos1-2, pp. 231-234, October 1999.
- Ahmed ElSawy, “Use of Solid By-Products in Wood/Cement Blocks,” presented in 7th annual East Tennessee Environmental Conference: Health, Industry, Economics, Environment, held in Meadowview Conference Resort and Convention Center, Kingsport, Tennessee on March 18th & 19th, 2008.
- K. M. Ibrahim and A.H. ElSawy, “Influence of Graphite Morphology and Matrix Structure on Fatigue Strength and Wear Resistance of Ductile Cast Iron," Ductile Iron Society annual meeting to be held in Birmingham, Alabama, June 21-23; 2006.
- A. ElSawy and J.Biernacki, “Sustainable Development of Thermally and Acoustically Efficient Structural Walls Incorporating Solid Waste Materials," Green Engineering: Defining the Principles Conference, SanDestin Resort and Golf Club, May 18-22, 2003.
- Faculty Mentor with Dr. Mohamed Abdelrahman (PI), “TTU's Metal Casting REU Site Project - Methods of Improving the Quality and Cost of Metal Castings ” Three years projects, Summers 2006-09.
- Co-Principal Investigator with Dr. Joseph Biernacki (PI), “Manufacturing of Lightweight Aggregate from Fly-ash,” TVA, for Year 1 April 7, 2005 – March 31 - $46,723; and for year 2 May 9, 2005 – October 31, 2007 - $48,534 .
- Principal Investigator, "Innovative technology for improving wear resistance and fracture toughness of austempered ductile iron used for automotive industry by either thermomechanical or two-step austempering processes,” $51,500.00, NSF 03-559, September 2004-August 2006.
- Principal Investigator, “Improving Fatigue Strength Of Austempered Ductile Iron Used For Automotive Parts By Cold Rolling,“ $3,000.00 Faculty Research Grant, Fall 2004 and Spring 2005 release time.
- Co-Principal Investigator, “Development of a Non-Contact Sensor for Measuring Chemical Composition in Molten Iron,” $6,000, Tennessee Technological University's Faculty research grant, Fall 2001 & Spring 2002 release time.
- Co-Principal Investigator, "Integrating Rapid Prototyping Technology into Tennessee Technological University's Manufacturing and Industrial Technology Curriculum," $85,501, National Science Foundation (# DUE-0311586).
- Syed Azam Mohiuddin, “A Study of Thermal Behavior of Fibrous Insulation,” Ph.D. Dissertation in Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, May 2007. (Co-advisor with Dr. Munukutla)
- Ramesh Avula, “Effect of Using Sawdust as Fine Aggregate Substitute on the Properties of Concrete Composite,” M.S. Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 2003. (Co-Advisor with Dr. Biernacki)
- Pannirselvam Muthukumaraswany, “Thermal, acoustics and mechanical properties of concrete composites containing solid by-products,” M.S. Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 2004. (Co-Advisor with Dr. Biernacki)
- Anil Vazrala, “Development of a Process for Production of Lightweight Aggregate from TVA F Fly Ash,” M.S. Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technology University, 2006. (Co-Advisor with Dr. Biernacki)
- Albert Wilson, “Development of Light Weight Aggregate from Fly Ash,” M.S. Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, in progress. (Co-Advisor with Dr. Biernacki)
- Andrew Edmiston, “Improving Fatigue Properties of Austempered Ductile Iron Austempering Process,” M.S. Thesis in Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee Tech University, in progress. (Co-Advisor with Dr. Wilson)
- Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Elsevier
- The Technology Interface Journal – The Electronic Journal for Engineering Technology.
- the Journal of Industrial Technology (JIT) and the International Journal of Modern Engineering (IJME)
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS MEMBERSHIP
- Sigma Xi the Scientific Research Society: President of TTU's Chapter for the year 2007-08.
- Past member of American Society for Manufacturing Engineers (SME) – (Chair, Chapter 200 of the Upper Cumberland Plateau years 2004, 2005, and 2006).
- American Welding Society (AWS).
- American Association of Industrial Technology (NAIT) – Accreditation visiting Team Member.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) – Co-advisor for TTU's Formula SAE Club with Dr. Glen Johnson.