College of Engineering
eBlast for Sept. 22, 2020
FROM THE CENTER FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Gold Career Readiness Workshop TODAY Tues., Sept. 22 from 11—11:45 a.m. in SWOOPS Lobby: Writing My First Professional Resume. Sponsored by Eastman.
- Careers n’ Coffee featuring Academy Sports+Outdoors is Wed., Sept. 23 from 11 a.m.—1 p.m. in Swoops Lobby
- Purple Career Readiness Workshop on Thurs., Sept. 24 from 11—11:45 a.m. in CLEM 212: What Employers Really Look for When Reviewing Resumes and During Interviews. Sponsored by Enterprise Holdings.
- Careers n’ Coffee featuring Kansas Highway Patrol is Wed., Sept. 28 from 11 a.m.—1 p.m. in Swoops Lobby
- STEM/Engineering/Computer Science Virtual Fair Tuesday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m.—2 p.m. Access through Career Fair+
- Business, Agriculture, Government and Human Ecology Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, Oct. 8 from 10 a.m.—2 p.m. Access through Career Fair+
Undergraduate STEM Research Seminar: Chris Swindell, TNTech Computer Science - The first (virtual) Undergraduate STEM Research Seminar of the Fall 2020 semester will be this week, and will feature Computer Science major Chris Swindell. In his talk Further Optimization of an Ultracold Neutron Spin Dynamics Simulation Code. The seminar will be this Friday, Sept. 25th at 4 p.m. Contact Dr. Holley (email@example.com) for connection information to the Zoom session. Visit the seminar webpage to see Chris' full abstract and the current schedule for upcoming talks.
Engineering Student Success Fair Thursday, Oct. 1 from 11 a.m. — 1 p.m. in Sherlock Park. Join your fellow students and learn more about the programs and services offered by or supervised by the Clay N. Hixson Student Success Center. Meet representatives from engineering specific student organizations and find one that is right for you!
The CSC Diversity Committee is hosting a virtual Diversity & Inclusion Seminar Series this fall! You won’t want to miss these inspirational speakers. Join Dr. Margaret M. Burnett, a Distinguished Professor at Oregon State University in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science on Thursday, Oct. 22 at 11am. Zoom Meeting Link: https://tntech.zoom.us/j/92164521164?pwd=QnlrVXc5dnZqaU5UMXF1cnRnT0xlZz09 Meeting ID: 921 6452 1164 | Passcode: 404846
Learn more about Dr. Burnett and other upcoming seminars on the CSC Diversity Committee website.
GRADUATING THIS FALL?
Registration is now open for fall 2020 Senior Exit Exam. https://tf.tntech.edu/machform/view.php?id=267058 - You are required to take the exam in order to graduate.
If you are exempt please go to the following link. https://tf.tntech.edu/machform/view.php?id=181750
Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT GROUP MEETINGS & EVENTS
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is hosting their second meeting TODAY Tuesday, Sept. 22nd at 6:30 pm in the Ray Morris STEM Center Lobby. There will be a giveaway and officer nominations. If that isn’t enticing enough, we’ll be having free Sakura (Japanese food)!!
Find more about us on our Instagram: @swe.tntech or sign up for our GroupMe: https://groupme.com/join_group/47535686/zw0cY6 and stay connected!
Come and join us at Autonomous Robotics Club (ARC). Interested in learning about CAD, Linux, Arduino? Just want to work on exciting projects like drones, battle bots, or a robotic humanoid? If any of these interests you, come expand your knowledge and experience through practical means and be a valued part of our ever-expanding team - every Tuesday night at 7:00pm in Brown 315. Everyone is welcome. And don't forget to join our discord at https://discord.gg/XdBAxtx.
The Department of Computer Science Announces the Dissertation Defense of Robert Gillen in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. Tennessee Tech University Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83659367584 Passcode: 660105
GOOD TO KNOW
Graduate Teaching Assistant in charge of the Writing Excellence Studio at Tech’s Engineering campus this academic year: More information can be found here.
Share your meeting or event information in the eBlast.
Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name,
- Name of the organization, class, department or sponsor
- A contact email to be included in the post
- The date, time and location of the event or meeting.
- Teams or Zoom meeting link – if applicable
- Also related web address and social media link(s) – if applicable
Submitted entries by noon Mondays and Wednesdays to be included in the eBlast the next day.