College of Engineering
eBlast for April 20, 2021
- CENTER FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- TODAY - Tuesday, April 20: Virtual Employer Spotlight featuring UAB School of Health Professions from 10am – noon / Access via link in Handshake Events
- TODAY - Tuesday, April 20: Careers n’ Coffee featuring Altium Packaging from 11am to 1pm in Swoops, RUC Ground Floor
- **NEW** Thursday, April 22: Careers n’ Coffee featuring Academy Sports+Outdoors Distribution Center from 11am to 1pm in Swoops, RUC Ground Floor
- Cooperative Education Cords offered to Spring 2021 Graduates
Are you an upcoming Spring 2021 Graduate that formally participated in the Cooperative Education Program? The Cooperative Education Office is offering Graduation Cords to students graduating in the Spring 2021 semester who formally enrolled in the Co-op Program during their entire assignment. The cords are a gift from Mr. Greg Cook, an alumnus of the Cooperative Education Program. Mr. Cook has expressed his appreciation of the Cooperative Education Program and the importance it served at the beginning of his engineering career and wishes to congratulate graduating Co-op Students.
If you would like to reserve your cord, you MUST complete the following form by the April 21 deadline: Spring 2021 Graduates - Cooperative Education Cords Request You will receive an email notifying you when your cord is ready to be picked up from the Co-op Office after April 26th.
- GRADUATE STUDIES
The Department of Computer Science Announces the Thesis Defense of Raunak Shakya in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Computer Science April 20, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. Zoom Link: https://tntech.zoom.us/j/89978305540?pwd=NDg3K3Z3NTQzNWx5V09qWmNWM2ZpQT09
The Department of Mechanical Engineering Announces the Thesis Defense of Hollee Sadler in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering April 21, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. Zoom Link: : https://tntech.zoom.us/j/86552971103
- GRADUATING STUDENTS
Graduating this Spring? 2021 Registration is open for
- Order of the Engineer: $15.00 covers the cost of the ring, the certificate and the national fee.
- Pledge of the Computing Professional: $10 covers the cost of the pin and certificate.
- Order of the Engineering Technologist: $10 covers the cost of the pin and certificate.
Please bring the exact amount or pay by check. There will be no refunds, although initiates who miss a ceremony for unavoidable reasons may participate in the next scheduled ceremony. If you wish to accept this invitation, please come by Clement Hall 201, no later than noon, Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
Induction into the Professions Ceremony will be held Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 3 p.m. in Derryberry Auditorium. Participants need to arrive by 2:45 p.m. Social Distancing will be enforced. Masks Required.
College of Engineering Graduating Seniors,
Please complete the Handshake survey to receive a free gift of an executive pad folio from Engineering alumni. Simply complete the survey and come by Clement Hall 201 to pick up your gift. It’s that simple. Congratulations, and Wings Up.
TODAY - Join Computer Science TODAY ,April 20 at 11 a.m., for the final speaker of the Spring semester Diversity and Inclusion Seminar Series! Larry Whiteside is the Chief Technology Officer and Chief Security Officer at CyberClan. He is also a co-founder and the president of the International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals. Come hear him speak about his journey to becoming a technology executive. Register to attend at the Computer Science Diversity Committee's website!
- STUDENT GROUPS
Come and join us at Autonomous Robotics Club. Interested in learning about CAD, Linux, Arduino? Just want to work on exciting projects like drones, battle bots, or a robotic humanoid? If any of these interests you, come expand your knowledge and experience through practical means and be a valued part of our ever-expanding team - every Tuesday night at 7:00pm in Prescott 215. Everyone is welcome.
And don't forget to join our discord at https://discord.gg/XdBAxtx.
Share your meeting or event information in the eBlast.
Announcements need to be submitted by 3:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays to be included in the eBlast the following day.
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name,
- Name of the organization, class, department or sponsor
- A contact email to be included in the post
- The date, time and location of the event or meeting.
- Teams or Zoom meeting link – if applicable
- Also related web address and social media link(s) – if applicable.