College of Engineering
eBlast for March 9, 2021
- Careers N’ Coffee – Visit with Landscape Workshop and learn about their career opportunities! Plus have a cup of coffee! Thursday, March 11 from 11am to 1pm, Ground Floor Roaden University Center – SWOOPS Lobby.
- Co-op Meetup #4: March 23 @ 11am Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room. Mandatory for any co-op position accepted.
- A Career Readiness PURPLE Workshop: Am I Career Ready? How to Use Career Readiness as a Marketing Tool March 25th from 11-11:45am, Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room
- Career Readiness PURPLE Workshop: Making Professional Presentations March 30th from 11-11:45am, Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room
Electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering sophomore, junior and senior students: 2021 Immersive Research in Energy Generation, Storage/Conversion and Power Transmission Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program - Apply by TOMORROW March 10th. Awards announced April 15th. Eligibility, award information, activities and topic areas along with the application process can be found at https://www.tntech.edu/engineering/research/cesr/reu-irest/index.php Please, contact Associate Professor Indranil Bhattacharya email@example.com or Professor Joseph Biernacki firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Eagle Works Effective Presentations workshop! Join us Wednesday, March 10 at 5 p.m. in the iMakerSpace on the third floor of Volpe Library (accessible via the North Stairwell) for a helpful workshop on how to present effectively - both for the Eagle Works competition and in class and career!
Golden Eagle Additively Innovative Lecture Series: March 11th from 11 to 11:30am join Patrick Pradel, Ph.D., Lecturer in Product Industrial User-Centered Design Loughborough University, United Kingdom as he presents The Current State of Design for AM Education via Zoom: tntech.zoom.us/j/432789883
Tech’s SME Student Chapter presents How to maximize Your Early Career Success by Nick Russell
11 a.m. to noon (Central Time) | March 25, 2021 Zoom link: https://tntech.zoom.us/j/81813299169
Nick Russell is a project engineer at Dynetics working on the NASA Human Landing System crew module and lunar dust mitigation teams. Nick has previous work experience in the energy, financial and manufacturing sectors working in roles such as quality engineer, design engineer and engineering consultant. Nick has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Tennessee Tech and a master’s in engineering and technology management from Stanford University.
Senior Exit Exam Exemption
As graduation is getting closer and registration is about to open for the spring 2021 senior exit exam. We wanted to make you aware that certain circumstances can qualify you as exempt from taking the senior exit exam.
Qualifications for exemption are:
- English is your second language
- You attended high school outside of the U.S.A.
- You already hold a bachelor’s (B.A/B.S.) degree
- You have been out of high school for more than 15 years
- You are TN eCampus student
- You are apart of the 2+2 program
- If you meet any of the above qualifications for the senior exit exam please file for exemption here: https://tntech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2geO0y00FaP9ILc
Eagle Works registration is now open! Join students from programs across campus to compete for awards totaling $20,000. Eagle Works is a Shark Tank-style competition focusing on innovation & entrepreneurship, problem-solving, creative thinking, and teamwork!
The competition is open to all Tech students from all programs of study.
This year’s competition will be held on Saturday, April 10 at 2 p.m. on Zoom. For complete details, deadlines, and to register for the competition, visit tntech.edu/eagleworks or email email@example.com.
Autonomous Robotics Club: Come and join us at Autonomous Robotics Club Interested in learning about CAD, Linux, Arduino? Just want to work on exciting projects like drones, battle bots, or a robotic humanoid? If any of these interests you, come expand your knowledge and experience through practical means and be a valued part of our ever-expanding team - every Tuesday night at 7:00pm in Prescott 215. Everyone is welcome. And don't forget to join our discord at https://discord.gg/XdBAxtx.
Pi Tau Sigma is offering tutoring to all ME and GBE students on Monday nights from 7-9 p.m. in Brown 236 and online via Microsoft Teams. Tutoring is available for any ME course up to 3000 level, Physics I & II, Math up to Calculus III, Statics, Mechanics and Materials, MATLAB, and Graphics. Contact the Pi Tau Sigma email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. To join online: Click here to join the meeting
Share your meeting or event information in the eBlast.
Announcements need to be submitted by 3:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays to be included in the eBlast the following day.
Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name,
- Name of the organization, class, department or sponsor
- A contact email to be included in the post
- The date, time and location of the event or meeting.
- Teams or Zoom meeting link – if applicable
- Also related web address and social media link(s) – if applicable