College of Engineering
eBlast for March 11, 2021
- Careers N’ Coffee – Visit with Landscape Workshop and learn about their career opportunities! Plus have a cup of coffee! TODAY Thursday, March 11 from 11am to 1pm, Ground Floor Roaden University Center – SWOOPS Lobby.
- Co-op Meetup #4: March 23 @ 11am Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room.
Mandatory for any co-op position accepted.
- A Career Readiness PURPLE Workshop: Am I Career Ready? How to Use Career Readiness as a Marketing Tool March 25th from 11-11:45am, Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room
- Career Readiness PURPLE Workshop: Making Professional Presentations March 30th from 11-11:45am, Roaden University Center, 2nd floor, Multipurpose Room
Senior Exit Exam Registration has Opened!
All graduating seniors are required to take the senior exit exam during the semester they are graduating in. This year we will be offering the exam both virtually and in person though the Testing Learning Center (TLC). Please follow this links below to register, if you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Register for the virtual exam (Mar. 22- April 15): https://tntech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6r2l6j6qtQ6Hkge
Register for in-person exam, select “Senior Exit Exam- College of Engineering- K .Morgan” (Mar. 22-April 15): IDme - Portal Access (tntech.edu)
*Full In-person registration instructions: https://www.tntech.edu/library/pdf/Registering-for-an-Exam-TNTECH-Students.pdf
File for Exemption: https://tntech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2geO0y00FaP9ILc
*To be exempt from the exam you must meet one of the following criteria: English is your second language, You attended high school outside of the United States, You already hold a bachelor’s degree, You have been out of high school more than 15 years, You are a TN eCampus student, You are a part of the 2+2 program, or You have already taken the exam.
Golden Eagle Additively Innovative Lecture Series: TODAY Thursday, March 11th from 11 to 11:30am join Patrick Pradel, Ph.D., Lecturer in Product Industrial User-Centered Design Loughborough University, United Kingdom as he presents The Current State of Design for AM Education via Zoom: tntech.zoom.us/j/432789883
Tech’s SME Student Chapter presents How to maximize Your Early Career Success by Nick Russell
11 a.m. to noon (Central Time) | March 25, 2021 Zoom link: https://tntech.zoom.us/j/81813299169
Nick Russell is a project engineer at Dynetics working on the NASA Human Landing System crew module and lunar dust mitigation teams. Nick has previous work experience in the energy, financial and manufacturing sectors working in roles such as quality engineer, design engineer and engineering consultant. Nick has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Tennessee Tech and a master’s in engineering and technology management from Stanford University.
Eagle Works registration is now open! Join students from programs across campus to compete for awards totaling $20,000. Eagle Works is a Shark Tank-style competition focusing on innovation & entrepreneurship, problem-solving, creative thinking, and teamwork!
The competition is open to all Tech students from all programs of study.
This year’s competition will be held on Saturday, April 10 at 2 p.m. on Zoom. For complete details, deadlines, and to register for the competition, visit tntech.edu/innovation/eagleworks or email email@example.com.
Share your meeting or event information in the eBlast.
Announcements need to be submitted by 3:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays to be included in the eBlast the following day.
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name,
- Name of the organization, class, department or sponsor
- A contact email to be included in the post
- The date, time and location of the event or meeting.
- Teams or Zoom meeting link – if applicable
- Also related web address and social media link(s) – if applicable