College of Engineering
Governor's School for Emerging Technologies
Governor's School for Emerging Technologies will be held from June 4 to June 24, 2023.
The Governor’s School for Emerging Technologies is designed to stimulate interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics through study of current topics in biotechnology, nanotechnology, information technology, and other emerging technologies. The school capitalizes on partnerships with a unique array of high technology research and development organizations located across the State of Tennessee to provide students with the opportunity to learn from leading researchers and experience cutting-edge research facilities through weekly field trips. Previous partners for high school summer enrichment programs have included Oak Ridge Associates Universities, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Vanderbilt Institute for Nanoscale Science and Engineering (VINSE) at Vanderbilt University, Arnold Engineering and Development Center, University of Tennessee Space Institute and the Tennessee Aquarium. On the Tennessee Tech campus, students will engage in traditional classes, discussions, laboratory exercises, team projects and individual research projects. Students may earn one credit in introduction to emerging technologies (Engr 1220).
Student Applications and Guidance Counselor Instructions
Download and print the current student applications and instructions by clicking to go to the Tennessee Department of Education Governor’s Schools website. Be sure to look at other resources here as well. For convenience, the application is also available here as a fillable .pdf.
- The mathematics and science prerequisites are not required to be completed by the application deadline. They are expected to be completed by the start of the Governor’s School program (June 2023).
- Test scores are helpful but are not required. If updated test scores are received after the application has been submitted, we will accept them via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the counselor until acceptance decisions have been made.
- Within a few days of receiving of the application, we will email confirmation of our having received the application to both the counselor’s email address and the student’s email address.
- Applications must be received via email to email@example.com by Jan. 17, 2023.
- Notice of selection via email on March 1, 2023. (Tentative) (All applicants will receive an email regarding their selection status.)
- March 18, 2023 (Tentative) Invitations emailed to alternates as necessary.
- June 4, 2023 GSET begins
- June 24 2023 GSET ends
Director (Chair, General and Basic Engineering)
Tennessee Tech University
Telephone: (931) 372-3175
Tennessee Tech University
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001
2018 GSET Scholars