College of Engineering
Kandy Thevar International Graduate Student Scholarship
Dr. Deivanayagam, Professor Emeritus and former Associate Dean of Engineering at Tennessee Tech University, and his wife Ratna Deivanaygam established this endowment to aid graduate students in the field of engineering. The scholarship is named in honor of Kandy Thevar, paternal grandfather of Dr. Subramaniam Deivanayagam.
- The minimum annual scholarship award will be $1,500.
- More than one award may be given if funding is available.
- An individual can receive this award one time only; this scholarship is not renewable.
Applications have closed.
Any College of Engineering graduate, international student who meets the criteria outlined below will be eligible for this scholarship.
- Must be a current graduate student in good standing, having completed a minimum of nine (9) credit hours of graduate coursework, in accordance with current institutional policies.
- The candidate should be in possession of a valid student visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Secondary preference should be given to students from Annamalai University, India, from which Dr. Deivanayagam graduated in 1963.
Upload the following documents:
- Letters of recommendation from the Department Chair and Advisor
- Research plan (for Ph.D. candidates only)
- Summer plans that would support them in their academic success
The minimum annual scholarship award will be $1,500. An individual can receive this award one time only; this scholarship is not renewable.