Faculty Areas of Expertise
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ali T Alouani
- Jeffrey R Austen
- Rabie Belkacemi
- Indranil Bhattacharya
- Synthesis, electro-chemical analysis and testing of lithium ion and sodiun ion battery technologies.
- Lithium sulfur batteries for long range electric vehicles (EVs). Limiting polysulfide formation, increasing conductivity and cycle life by solid state synthesis.
- Doping and structural analysis of lithium and sodium ion batteries for higher ionic conductivity.
- Electro-chemical modeling of batteries using finite-element method.
- Electrical modeling, state-of-charge and state-of-health estimation of batteries.
- Design and modeling of high-efficiency III-V multijunction solar cells.
- Quantum efficiency optimization to achieve current matching between different subcell layers.
- Optimization of semiconductor parameters such as thicknesses of emitter and base layers, doping concentrations, minority carrier lifetimes and surface recombination velocities to achieve highest efficiency.
- Perovskite material based solar cell fabrication and modeling.
- Maximum power point tracking algorithms for efficient PV integration.
- J W Bruce
- Lori Bruce
- Charles Carnal
- Syed Hasan
P: (931) 372-3462
Reliable VLSI Circuit Design; Low Power Wireless; Sensor Network Nodes; Asynchronous VLSI Circuits; Probabilistic Formal Verification of Algorithms
- Wayne Johnson
P: (931) 372-3397
Electronics Manufacturing, Extreme Environment Electronics
- Satish M Mahajan
Director of Center for Energy Systems Research (CESR) and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
P: (931) 372-3760
Lasers; LEDs; Solar Cells; Optical Fibers, High Power Switchgear, Power Systems
- Mohamed Mahmoud
P: (931) 372-3677
Network Security and Privacy Preservation
- Joseph O. Ojo
P: (931) 372-3869
Electric Machine Analysis and Design; Adjustable; Speed Motor Drives; Power Electronic Convertors; Control Theory Applied to Power Electronics and Power Systems, Power Systems Economics and Deregulation Issues
- Ghadir Radman
P: (931) 372-3520
Smart Grid, Integration of renewable energy sources, Power system operation/control