If a student lost the Lottery Scholarship due to grades, they may be eligible to get it back. In order to do so, they must:
- Meet at least a 2.75 TELS GPA after 48 TELS attempted hours, a 3.0 TELS GPA after 72 and 96 TELS attempted hours, or a 2.75 cumulative TELS GPA and a 3.0 semester GPA after 72 and 96 TELS attempted hours (for provisional eligibility).
- Meet all other continuing eligibility criteria for every semester, including semesters for which the student did not receive a TELS award. Which includes the following:
- 1)Must have maintained enrollment status for every semester (at least 1 hour for every fall and spring semester including semesters in which the student did not receive a TELS award).
- 2)Must meet all other continuing eligibility criteria as stated in TSAC’s TELS policy.
- 3)Must submit a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current year. (The FAFSA must be processed every year by September 1).
The student may regain the TELS award beginning with the semester after attempting 48, 72, and 96 hours as defined by TSAC’s TELS policy. Awards cannot be applied retroactively to prior semesters. The student must submit a “Request for Review to Regain the HOPE Scholarship” form to notify the TTU Office of Financial Aid of eligibility under the Regain Provision.