Daniel Randall, Assistant Professor
Phone: 931-372-6880 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Office: Appalachian Center for Craft / Metals Studio
MFA, Southern Illinois University Carbondale; BFA, The School for American Crafts, Rochester Institute of Technology.
Dan Randall discovered metalworking at the age of fifteen.His initial interest led him to study goldsmithing, silversmithing and blacksmithing, all of which he continues to practice today. He is currently Assistant Professor in the School of Art Craft and Design at Tennessee Tech University where he oversees the metalsmithing and blacksmithing concentrations.Previous appointments include Foreign Visiting Professor at Sungshin Women’s University, Seoul National University of Science and Technology and lecturer at Seoul National University, Hongik University and Dongduk Women’s University in Seoul, South Korea.
- Forge- International Invitational Touring Exhibition (multiple venues) 2017
- Transition, International Juried Touring Exhibition (multiple venues) 2016
- Sobaek: Speaking of the Material, International Invitational Exhibition, Seoul, Korea 2013
- Contemporary Goldsmithing: Tradition & Excellence, International Juried Exhibition 2013
- Gold Award, 26th Smithsonian Craft Show, National Building Museum, Washington, DC.2008
- 2nd Place, Holloware Category, 2007 Saul Bell Design Award Competition, JCK Show, Las Vegas, NV. 2007