NEW! Educators' Week - June 9-14, 2019, for 6th-12th grade educators:
- We are privileged to receive a grant from the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee to fund Educators’ Week.
- We offer three intensive, hands-on craft workshops designed specifically for educators.
- Workshops are discounted 50%. Each weeklong workshop is $275!!!
- Educators will receive hands-on training
- selecting and preparing materials for class
- appropriate and safe use of tools and equipment
- lesson plans project ideas and instruction
- troubleshooting advice
- introduction and alignment to new art curriculum standards
- introduction to grant applications
- kits of materials and tools to take back to the classroom.
- Though anyone may enroll in these workshops, we offer a 50% discount on the registration fee for workshops labeled “Educators’ Week” to 6th-12th grade educators (room and board cannot be discounted).
- Educators must enter the code 6-12 grade educator on the payment screen in the promotional code box to receive this discount.
- Please direct questions to Gail Gentry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: proof of employment at a public or private middle or high school is required at check-in.
- Ceramics 101 with Jessica Wilson
- Making Paper in the Classroom with Claudia Lee
- Introduction to Metalsmithing with Anne Bujold
Room and Board
- Available at a discounted rate of $365 (normally $490) and includes 5 nights of lodging (double only) and 15 meals in the onsite restaurant, the Blue Water Grille on the Hill.
- Room and board is optional.
- Meals are available a la carte.
- If you would like the discounted rate, select "EDUCATOR Room and Board" when you check out.
- 1-2:25 p.m. - check-in
- 2:30-8 p.m. - hands-on craft workshops
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. - hands-on craft workshops
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. - two hour workshops on the new curriculum standards and finding and writing grant applications