TTU Music Graduates: Career Excellence Nationally and Internationally
Music graduates from Tennessee Tech have worked throughout the U.S. in more than a dozen areas of music, pursuing careers in Europe, South America, and throughout the world. Many have earned masters and doctorate degrees, attending more than 60 graduate music schools, often as teaching assistants or scholarship recipients.
TTU music grads have established careers as public school music educators in over 25 states, university music professors and administrators at more than 40 institutions, professional musicians in more than 20 orchestras and other ensembles, performers in the recording and television industries, conductors, composers, arrangers, music copyists, church music directors, and other areas in music.
Our alumni have become members in all five of the premiere military bands in Washington, D.C., the military academy bands at West Point and Annapolis, and numerous regional military bands. Many have established enduring regional reputations for excellence and several have attained national recognition.
As Music Educators our grads are...
- school band, choral, and orchestra directors and classroom music teachers in 26 states;
- professors or administrators at 70 universities and colleges;
- graduate fellowships at 50 universities and schools of music;
- leaders of state-wide professional associations;
- directors of music for major metropolitan school districts.
As Performers our grads have...
- recorded albums for major artists in all styles, and sound tracks for major television shows, motion pictures and video games;
- been awarded the recording industry's "Certified Platinum" for more than a million albums sold;
- worked as performers and conductors with many professional orchestras and opera companies, including the Vienna, Berlin and Brazil Philharmonics; the Atlanta, Baltimore, Knoxville, Nashville and London Symphony Orchestras; and the Houston Grand Opera, Lyric Opera, and Metropolitan Opera companies;
- worked with touring groups and shows, for all major cruise lines, and at most major theme parks in the U.S. and in Japan and Hong Kong;
- been members of all of the military bands in Washington, D.C., and at West Point and Annapolis;
- performed live with dozens of the world's best-known performers and entertainers.
Our grads are more...
- a music executive for a major cruise line;
- a Grammy-nominated recording engineer and producer;
- a world-renowned instrument designer/maker;
- successful church music directors, music librarians, authors, composers, arrangers, music therapists and Fulbright scholars.