2019 Music Scholarship Audition Dates:
FEBRUARY 8 | FEBRUARY 22 | MARCH 15
Should circumstances prevent you from attending one of the scheduled audition days, please contact Dr. Colin J. Hill, email@example.com, for assistance.
Tennessee Tech University is one of the finest places to study music in the Southeast!
- All students applying for admission to the School of Music must first apply to TTU for admission.
- Students should complete the application process as soon as possible in the fall of the year before their proposed entrance to the University.
- Early application is encouraged due to the University scholarship application annual deadline, December 15.
- NOTE: If you miss the Dec. 15th annual deadline for university scholarships, YOU MAY STILL AUDITION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED BY THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
Audition for a Music Scholarship (online registration form)
- Scholarships are available for music and non-music majors.
- Music Scholarship Information
Audition Materials, Repertoire & Requirements
- Please click the links to access the requirements for each instrument or voice audition.
- The recommendations are a guide in the selection of appropriate material to prepare for the instrumental and voice auditions.
- Music majors are required to participate in the appropriate Ensemble of Record during each semester of residency.
- All Tennessee Tech students are encouraged to join a music ensemble, whether or not one is majoring in music. Join us!
- Auditions for acceptance as a music major do not constitute acceptance or placement in University music ensembles (concert bands, choirs, jazz ensembles, orchestras, and other performing organizations).
- Ensemble auditions take place during the first week of classes each semester or academic year.
- Some ensembles require students to audition separately for entry. Others require the student to register for the class before the beginning of the academic term.
- Check with the individual ensemble director for membership information and requirements.