Welcome to the Piano Studio!
The Piano Studio at Tennessee Tech is dedicated to achieving the highest artistic and professional standards for its students. Pianists at TTU have beautiful practice facilities and enjoy personalized, hands-on experiences.
The studio is directed by Dr. Catherine Godes, who integrates years of experience as a music educator, collaborative artist, scholar, and performer in her work with each student. Dr. Godes’ personal mission is to help each piano major develop strong technique and play with ease, strength and understanding.
About the Studio
Bachelor of Music in Performance Degree (MUPE)
Offers pianists intensive training for performing careers as...
- chamber musicians
- collaborative artists
- provides qualifications for private studio teaching
Bachelor of Music Education Degree (MUED)
Provides intensive training for pianists in the entering K-12 Teaching.
- culminating experience for this degree is a public performance of both solo and collaborative repertoire.
- teach repertoire from all historical periods;
- provide an understanding of the performance practices within each work;
- provide a deep understanding of piano repertoire;
- develop a strong and natural technique;
- improve skills in sightreading and accompanying.
Phone: 931-372-3715 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Office: 314 Bryan Fine Arts Building
Phone: 931-372-3329 | Email: email@example.com | Office: 364 Bryan Fine Arts Building