Get a jump start on your master’s degree by participating in the “Fast-Track” program.
The Fast-Track program is designed to enable students to earn their M.S., MBA, or M.A. degree in a short period of time. A junior or senior who opts for the fast-track program may take from 6 hours of graduate coursework prior to admission to the TTU graduate degree program. Up to six hours of this graduate coursework, normally taken during the student’s senior year, may be used to satisfy both undergraduate and graduate degree requirements. These courses must be taken at Tennessee Tech University and must be approved as appropriate substitutions in the undergraduate curriculum as senior electives. The admissions requirements differ by department but include the following:
- Subject to approval by the students advisor and department chair
- Meet the department Fast-Track GPA requirements
- Meet class level standing as required by the department (junior versus senior standing)
- Any course prerequisites defined by the department
FastTrack is approved in the following departments:
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Counseling and Psychology
- Computer Science
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Science Masters--Environmental Informatics Concentration
For more information on “jump-starting” your Master’s degree, visit the department website above or contact Graduate Studies.
Note: Participation in the Fast-Track program does not guarantee admission into the Master’s degree program. Students must apply for and be admitted to the Graduate College before course credit may be used towards fulfillment of a graduate degree.