College of Graduate Studies
Fast Track FAQs
- Which graduate programs can I Fast Track?
The Fast-Track approved departments include:
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Science - Environmental Informatics
- Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Counseling and Psychology
- Computer Science
- Master of Professional Studies
- How much does it cost to take each course?
Fast track is offered to Undergraduate students, so you will be charged Undergraduate tuition for each course unless you enroll in TN eCampus, College of Business Online MBA or MAcc, College of Nursing MSN or DNP, or the Accelerated Masters of Public Safety programs. Please visit the Bursar page for additional fee information.
- What do I need in order to apply?
- Meet with your advisor to determine eligibility
- Fill out the Fast Track Program Acceptance form and the Request for Fast Track course credit form found on the Graduate Studies Online Forms page
- The form will route through the department and final approval will take place with the College of Graduate Studies. The COGS will forward the digital form to the Registrar for course registration.
- What are the requirements for applying to each Fast Track program?
Fast Track Program Requirements The Fast Track B.S. to M.S./M.A. Program is open to all undergraduate students who meet the following criteria for their respective programs: Program # Hours/Standing GPA Business Administration 90 hours 3.2 Chemistry Junior 2.8/3.0 Chemical Engineering Junior 3.25 Civil & Environmental Engineering Junior 3.25/3.5 Counseling & Psychology Senior 3.0 Computer Science Junior/Senior 3.25/3.5 Curriculum & Instruction 90 Hours 3.25 Electrical & Computer Engineering Senior 3.25 English 90 Hours 3.25/3.5 Mathematics Senior 3.25 Mechanical Engineering Junior/Senior 3.5 Professional Science Masters
Junior/Senior 3.0 Exercise Science, Physical Education, Wellness 90 Hours 3.25 Master of Professional Studies - all majors 90 Hours 3.0
- Do I still need to apply for graduate admission, or am I automatically accepted into
Graduate School if I am in the Fast-Track Program?
You still need to apply for Graduate School admission.
- Are Graduate students eligible to apply for the Fast-Track program?
No, Fast-Track is only available to Tennessee Tech Undergraduate students.
- Do I still need to take admissions tests in order to be accepted into a Graduate program?
You are still required to complete admission requirements for your graduate program. There are several programs that waive the admissions test requirements for students in the Fast-Track program. See your department website for detailed information.
- What is the deadline for applying to the Fast-Track program?
Check with your advisor to determine department specific deadlines. It is recommended that you apply before your Junior or Senior year.
- What do I need to do if I decide to leave Tennessee Tech after graduation?
You are not obligated to apply for graduate admission at Tennessee Tech, and no further steps are required.
- If I decide to attend a graduate program somewhere other than Tennessee Tech, can
I transfer these course credits?
Currently, Fast Track course credits are only applicable to Tennessee Tech’s Graduate programs.
- I took courses in the Fast-Track program, but I did not pass. Will they still count?
Each department has minimum grade requirements for graduate courses; check with your advisor to find out what your department requirements are.
- If I decide to enter graduate school, will I be able to have more than three 5000
level courses on my graduate degree program of study?
No, only three 5000 level courses are authorized on the program of study.
What Our Students Are Saying About Fast-Track