Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which graduate programs can I Fast-Track?
The Fast-Track approved departments include:
- Business Administration
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Counseling and Psychology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Professional Science - Environmental Informatics
- Professional Science - Manufacturing Sustainability
- Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness
How much does it cost to take each course?
Fast track is offered to Undergraduate students, so you will be charged Undergraduate tuition for each course. No additional fees are added for the graduate level courses.
What do I need to do in order to apply?
- Meet with your advisor to determine eligibility
- Fill out a Request for Fast Track course credit form
- If you are accepted, fill out a Fast Track Program Acceptance Form
- Bring the Notice of Acceptance form to the College of Graduate Studies (Derryberry 306) to be signed and processed
- Bring the Notice of Acceptance form to Records and Registration (Jere Whitson 221) for processing after you have received signatures from the Graduate Studies Office
What are the requirements for applying to each Fast Track program?
|Fast Track Program Requirements|
|The Fast Track B.S. to M.S./M.A. Program is open to all undergraduate students who meet the following criteria for their respective programs:|
|Business Administration||90 Hours||3.2|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Junior||3.25/3.5|
|Counseling & Psychology||Senior||3.0|
|Curriculum & Instruction||90 Hours||3.25|
|Electrical & Computer Engineering||Senior||3.0|
|Professional Science Masters
Environmental Informatics and Manufacturing Sustainability
|Exercise Science, Physical Education, Wellness||90 hours||3.25|
Do I still need to apply for graduate admission, or am I automatically accepted into Graduate School if I am in the Fast-Track Program?
You still need to apply for Graduate School admission.
Are Graduate students eligible to apply for the Fast-Track program?
No, Fast-Track is only available to Tennessee Tech Undergraduate students.
Do I still need to take admissions tests in order to be accepted into a Graduate program?
You are still required to complete admission requirements for your graduate program. Counseling and Psychology, Curriculum and Instruction, and Engineering are the only programs that currently waive the admissions test requirements for students in the Fast-Track program. See your department website for detailed information.
What is the deadline for applying to the Fast-Track program?
Check with your advisor to determine department specific deadlines. It is recommended that you apply before your Junior or Senior year.
What do I need to do if I decide to leave Tennessee Tech after graduation?
You are not obligated to apply for graduate admission at Tennessee Tech, and no further steps are required.
If I decide to attend a graduate program somewhere other than Tennessee Tech, can I transfer these course credits?
Currently, Fast Track course credits are only applicable to Tennessee Tech’s Graduate programs.
I took courses in the Fast-Track program, but I did not pass. Will they still count?
Each department has minimum grade requirements for graduate courses; check with your advisor to find out what your department requirements are.
If I decide to enter graduate school, will I be able to have more than three 5000 level courses on my graduate degree program of study?
No, only three 5000 level courses are authorized on the program of study.