All new full-time enrollees must meet the following immunization requirements. Full-time graduate students are those that enroll in at least 9 semester hours. Full-time distance learning students (100% of courses online) are exempted from immunization requirements.
MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
Proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella may be provided by meeting one of the following 3 criteria:
- Date of birth before 1957, or
- Documentation of 2 doses vaccine against measles, mumps and rubella given at least 28 days apart, excluding doses given earlier than 4 days before the first birthday, or
- Documentation of blood test (serology) showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella. If any one of the three is negative, 2 doses of vaccine must be documented.
- Students enrolled in 100% online courses--mixture of courses will not meet the exemption rule
Proof of immunity to varicella (chickenpox) is required by meeting one of the following 4 criteria:
- Date of birth before 1980, or
- History of chickenpox illness diagnosed by a healthcare provider or verified by a physician, advanced practice nurse or physician assistant to whom the illness is described
- Documentation of 2 doses of varicella vaccine given at least 28 days apart, excluding doses given earlier than 4 days before the first birthday, or
- Documentation of blood test (serology) showing immunity to varicella.
Meningococcal ("Meningitis") & Hepatitis B
All students enrolled in one or more courses must submit the signed Meningococcal Meningitis and Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form (available at www.tntech.edu/graduatestudies/forms) or answer the questions related to this when registering online for courses.
TB Skin Test
All international students must provide documentation of the TB Skin Test and the test must be completed within 6 months of enrollment at Tech.