GSEC Meeting Dates:
All GSEC meetings begin at 3:00 p.m. and are held in the Provost's Conference Room, Derryberry Hall Room 200.
GSEC Submission Deadline
GSEC Meeting Dates
|June 26, 2017||July 11, 2017|
|August 22, 2017||September 5, 2017|
|September 19, 2017||October 3, 2017|
|October 24, 2017||November 7, 2017|
|January 23, 2018||February 6, 2018|
|February 20, 2018||March 13, 2018|
|March 20, 2018||April 3, 2018|
|June 26, 2018||July 10, 2018|
2018 Academic Counsel Meeting Dates
- January 24, 2018
- February 21, 2018
- April 11, 2018
2018 TTU Board Meeting Dates
- March 2018
THEC Submission Deadlines:
- All actions approved by GSEC, AC, & Board (Provost) between January 1 to April 30 DUE May 15
- All actions approved by GSEC, AC, & Board (Provost) between May 1 to July 31 DUE August 15
- All actions approved by GSEC, AC, & Board (Provost) between August 1 to December 31 DUE January 15
Forms and Guidelines
What types of requests should be submitted to GSEC? GSEC Request Items
Information about establishing new academic programs and modifications to existing programs may be found at the Provost's Website.
All documents requiring Academic Council and TTU Board approval require an Internal Cover Form which may be found at Internal Cover Form.
For a quick reference guide to the document approval process and forms required for approval, see our Documentation Approval Reference Sheet.
THEC forms may be found at the following links:
Document link for New Academic Units THEC A1.2 includes request such as:
- College or School: An instructional unit within a university that usually includes several academic departments and is usually administered by a dean or director. As defined here, the term “college” does not pertain to separate institutions known as colleges, such as community college or technical college.
- Division: An instructional unit that usually includes two or more departments within a college or university which may be administered by an assistant or associate dean or director.
- Department: An instructional unit encompassing a discrete branch of study or organized around common and similar academic areas and is usually administered by a department chair.
Document link for New Academic Programs THEC A1.0 includes request for all new academic programs.
Document link for Program Modifications THEC A1.1 includes request such as:
- Substantive Changes to program
- Substantive number of degree hours,
- Degree admission changes,
- Changes to retention,
- Changes to graduation requirements.
Document link for Academic Actions notification THEC A1.5 includes request such as:
- Establishment of a certificate program less than 24 semester credit hours regardless of degree level.
- Name change for existing academic program.
- Name change for existing concentration within an academic program.
- Establishment of a new concentration within an existing academic program.
- Change (increase or decrease) in the number of hours of an existing academic program.
- Consolidation of two or more existing academic programs into a single academic program without an essential change in the original approved curriculum and without a net gain in the number of programs.
- Extension of an existing academic program to an approved off-campus center.
- Provost Office Forms - Complete all forms required. Contact Misty Brown for guidance.
Questions? Contact us!