Tennessee Technological University and the Tennessee Board of Regents are committed to the need for the continued professional growth and development of employees. Support for educational assistance of personnel and their dependents is an important vehicle for addressing that need. These programs are available subject to funds being budgeted and available within the institution. The Human Resources Office is responsible for the administration of the various programs with the exception of the two programs offered to general state employees and the <dependents of licensed teachers and state employees . Exceptions to the provisions of the programs can be made upon recommendation of the President and approval by the Chancellor.>
Types of Support for Educational Assistance
There are nine (9) programs by which the University may provide for personnel to further their formal education. The programs are:
- 2.1 Faculty/Administrative/Professional Staff Grant-in-Aid Program
- 2.2 Faculty/Administrative/Professional Staff Tuition or Maintenance Fee Reimbursement Program
- 2.3 Employee Audit/Non-Credit Program
- 2.4 Clerical and Support Staff Maintenance Fee Payment Program (does not apply to faculty)
- 2.5 Fee Waiver for Tennessee Board of Regents/UT System Employees
- 2.6 Desegregation Development Programs
- 2.7 Fee Discount for Spouse and/or Dependent Children
- 2.10 Public Higher Education Fee Waiver for State Employees
- 2.11 Fee Discount for Dependent Children of Licensed Public School Teachers or State Employees
Tennessee Board of Regents retirees may participate in programs 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.7 above. Guidelines and/or restrictions that may apply are listed in each program.
Personnel assigned by the military to the institutions through an agreement are eligible to participate in programs 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.7.