90th Tennessee Tech Homecoming
November 8-13th, 2021
This fall, join us for Tech Back In Time: Homecoming Through The Decades! Students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community are welcome to celebrate Tech's homecoming and watch the Golden Eagles play. A parade going from Dixie Avenue and throughout campus includes local high school marching bands, community organizations, Tech Greek organizations and the homecoming court. Various college and organization reunions take place this day and Mr. and Ms. Tennessee Tech are crowned.
For entry forms, rules, and regulations, download the Homecoming Packet ( below!
2021 Homecoming Schedule
|Monday, November 8th||Banners||Dropoff Times 9:00AM - 11:30AM||RUC First Floor Lobby|
|Tuesday, November 9th||Skit Night Competition||6:00PM||Derryberry Hall Auditorium|
|Wednesday, November 10th||Crowdfunding Drive to Benefit the TN Tech Food Pantry||8:00AM - 11:59PM||Online Through Donation Link (To Be Posted Before the Event)|
|Thursday, November 11th||Cornhole Tournament||11:00AM - 1:00PM||Main Quad|
|Thursday, November 11th||Live on the Plaza featuring Mixtape 80's Tribute Band||6:00PM - 8:00PM||Centennial Plaza|
|Saturday, November 13th||Homecoming Parade||10:30AM||Dixie Avenue|
|Saturday, November 13th||Homecoming Game||1:30PM||Tucker Stadium|
- Guidelines and Instructions for Parade Participants
Float Division - Competition for organizations that build a float. Note: a float information sheet must be submitted. Trophies will be awarded during the Homecoming football game.
Pride Division - Competition for recognition. The winner will receive the TN Tech Pride Award. This division should include participants from the University or the Cookeville community who do not build a float. Examples of Pride Entries include cars, trailers, walkers, vans, horses, etc.
- The parade line up will begin in the Towne Plaza parking lot (Gabes on Jefferson Avenue). Please have your entries ready to be lined up between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM.
- Please park as far away from the front of the stores in the shopping center as you can. We want to minimize the disturbance to the stores and shoppers.
- Entries must remain 25-30 feet apart throughout the parade.
- Entries should stop at the judges' reviewing stand for a maximum of 20 seconds. If entries do not stop in front of the reviewing stand, the judges will not score them. Judges will view entries from the driver's side of the vehicle.
- A member of the sponsoring organization must remain with the entry at all times.
- FLOATS ONLY: Turn from 12th Street onto Stadium Drive, then left into the parking lot behind the scoreboard until the Homecoming game is over and attendees have dispersed. Do not remove floats from Stadium Drive until the football game is completed and attendees have dispersed.
- ALL OTHER ENTRIES: Disperse after turning left onto 12th Street.
- All floats and decorations must be disassembled and properly disposed of by Sunday, 2021.
- Homecoming Parade Route
The homecoming parade route begins in the Towne Plaza parking lot, at the base of S Dixie Ave, then heads north up S Dixie Ave. The route then turns left on W 12th St. The parade disperses at B Street, and float drop off is behind the stadium scoreboard.