If you have selected the Community Service Option for HPEO this semester, please read and comply with the following procedures:
PRINT this page as a checklist for completing the tasks below.
- Visit the University Service Center’s Website for service opportunities: www.tntech.edu/volunteer
- Contact University Service Center for an advisement meeting with Michelle Huddleston, email@example.com, 931.372.6120, M – F (8am – 4:30pm) in the Roaden University Center, 108 (across from cafeteria)
- Get Approval for your community service placement/selection
- Obtain a "Service Hours Log Sheet" from the Service Center to document your hours served.
- Turn in the “Service Hours Log Sheet” to the USC after completing your service hours. The deadline for submitting the completed Log Sheet to the Service Center is April 20. Make sure your NAME is on the form, along with the word "HPEO" circled at the top. Make sure you have signatures and contact information of your direct service supervisor at your selected service site.
- After the Service Center has verified your service, they will report completion of your service to the Honors Program.
- Submit a summary paragraph describing and commenting on your service experience, by Friday, April 27. You will receive an email from Mrs. Roberts asking you to follow a link. This will allow you to submit your paragraph. Please do not email your paragraphs.
- Plan on selecting a local, off-campus volunteer site. Church-related outreach service programs are acceptable (such as distributing food at a food pantry or serving at a clothing distribution center), but serving directly in religious roles such as worship leader or bible study coordinator is not acceptable. Have a few ideas written down for advisement.
- Michelle Huddleston's signature must be on the HPEO Commitment Form by Friday, January 26.
- Form must be submitted to the Honors Office by Friday, January 26 at 4:30pm.