How to Apply to Honors: Get Ready
Our First-Year Honors Application for Fall 2023 is here!
If you wish to apply for Spring 2023, our new application for students who are already in college (transfer or continuing full-time students at Tech) will be posted in October. Thank you for your interest in Honors!
- Apply to Tennessee Tech.
- Apply for Financial Aid at Tennessee Tech by December 15 if you wish to be considered for scholarships.
- Browse our Tech Honors website to learn about what we offer.
- Read the Prospective Students section, and look through the Current Students section to ensure that you understand the benefits and requirements of Tech Honors.
- Complete the correct application. The new 2023 Application for First-Year Students will post in September. The application for 2023 transfer or continuing Tech students will post in mid-October under "Transfer and Continuing Students" on the Honors website.
- Here's how to schedule a visit: Go to Visit Tennessee Tech (tntech.edu). Click on the yellow "Schedule Now!" button. Indicate the you want to visit with an
Honors Ambassador as part of your campus tour.
- Dedicated and trained Honors students contribute their hard-earned free time to meet with students and parents. Please schedule and confirm a meeting well in advance. The commitment of time and energy by Tech Honors Student Ambassadors reflects their commitment to you, as well as their enthusiasm for Honors!
( If you are a transfer or current Tech student see "For Transfer and Continuing Students" for the correct application form.)
After receiving notification that you are admitted to Honors:
- If you would like to live in the Honors Residence Hall (Murphy Hall):
- You must use Residential Life's Online Application Process for campus residence halls.
- Spots fill up fast, so applying for on-campus housing early and selecting Murphy (the Honors hall) as your first choice after Honors admission will greatly increase your chance of getting a spot--Honors Housing is a popular choice.
- For more information, see the Honors Housing webpage.
- If you are an out-of-state/international student who wishes to apply for the HAS, you must apply for the HAS online in addition to applying for admission to the Honors Program.
- When you come to SOAR:
If you've been notified of acceptance to the Honors Program, be sure to attend all Honors sessions to fully complete the admission process. They will be listed on your SOAR itinerary.