How to Apply
Application procedures for the Honors Program
- Apply to Tennessee Tech. (You've probably already done that, but just in case, we thought we'd make this clear.)
- Apply for Financial Aid by the posted deadlines.
- Browse our website to learn about Tech Honors.
- Read the Prospective Students section of this website, and look through the Current Students section to ensure that you understand what Honors at Tech offers.
- If you are a TRANSFER or a CURRENT TECH STUDENT: See For Transfer and Continuing Students for full instructions. (NOTE: Transfer and current students use a separate application for admission to Honors.)
- Consider scheduling an Honors Ambassadors visit during the lunch hour.
Dedicated and trained Honors students contribute their hard-earned free time to meet with students and parents. Please schedule and confirm a meeting well in advance. The commitment of time and energy by Honors students ambassadors reflects their commitment to you.
After admission to Honors:
- If you would like to live in the Honors Residence Hall (Murphy Hall):
- You must use Residential Life's Online Application Process for campus residence halls, as well as filling out the Honors Roommate Matching Form.
- Spots fill up fast, so applying for on-campus housing early and selecting Murphy as your first choice after Honors admission will increase your chance of getting a spot--Honors Housing is a popular choice.
- For more information, see the Honors Housing webpage.
- If you are an out-of-state/international student who wishes to apply for the HAS, you must apply for the HAS online in addition to applying for admission to the Honors Program.
- When you come to SOAR:
If you've been notified of acceptance to the Honors Program, be sure to attend all Honors sessions to fully complete the admission process. They will be listed on your SOAR itinerary.