For Transfer and Continuing Students
Find your tailored Honors path at Tech as an experienced student.
Transfer students and current Tech students are welcome to apply. At the time of admission to Honors, you must have completed 12 or more credit hours as a full-time college student with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher, and have at least four semesters remaining before graduation.
The preliminary Honors application for 2020 Transfer and Continuing Tech students will be available here in late October.
How to prepare, apply, and plan:
- Consider your reasons for joining. What are some specific ways that you imagine Honors will help you?
- Please read the Graduation Requirements listed under "For Prospective Students."
- Complete the preliminary application. After review, we will invite eligible applicants to continue with the next step described below. (Feel free to view the form and start planning in advance.)
- Create a plan for graduating in Honors using this form.
- Your plan must be based on the Honors graduation requirements, your remaining curricular requirements, your interests, and the Honors credit-bearing opportunities you can read about on our website.
- Your plan should include a combination of courses, contracts, and other credit-bearing
opportunities such as Honors Experiential Learning. Honors Contracts are not offered
for your first semester in Honors.
Some useful information that you can find on our website:
- The list of credit-bearing Honors options under "For Current Students"->"Courses and Credit" including the list of Honors courses typically offered
- The description of the Honors permit process in the same section
- Your major department's course plan and your assigned advisor in your department
- The "Getting in Touch with Us" section, in case you have questions not answered above
- In your online application, tell us what really motivates you to apply for this opportunity. Tips: do not use clichés, phrases directly from our website, or generalizations that could apply to any institution of higher learning. Be realistic and specific, and let us know who you are: not just another bright student!
- Submit your plan via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Honors office will contact you via your Tech e-mail after reviewing your credentials. We may not be able to respond immediately while serving current students, so please be patient. If you would like to check on the status of your application, please contact us at email@example.com.