For Transfer and Continuing Students
Please explore what we offer before applying!
Find your own tailored Honors path at Tech as an experienced student.
At the time of admission to Honors, transfer and continuing Tech students must have completed 12 or more credit hours in which they have achieved an institutional GPA of 3.5 or higher as a full-time college student, and have at least four full-time semesters remaining before graduation.
How to prepare to apply and plan your Honors experience
Consider your reasons for joining. What are some specific ways that this Honors Program's opportunities will help you achieve your goals?
Read the Graduation Requirements listed under "For Prospective Students." How will you be able to use Honors requirements as an integral, meaningful part of your education at Tech?
Complete the 2023 Honors application for Transfer and Continuing Students. After review, eligible applicants will be invited to continue with the planning form as part of their application process.
In your application, tell us what really motivates you to apply for this opportunity. Tips: do not use clichés, phrases directly from our website, or generalizations that could apply to any institution of higher learning. Be realistic and specific, and let us know who you are: not just another bright student!
4. Create a plan for graduating in Honors using this form. You can access this form before applying in order to make an informed, realistic decision about applying.
Your plan must be based on the Honors graduation requirements, your remaining curricular requirements, your interests, and the Honors credit-bearing opportunities you can read about on our website.
Your plan should include a combination of courses, contracts, and other credit-bearing opportunities such as Honors Experiential Learning. Honors Contracts are not offered for your first semester in Honors.
Don't include courses that you do not need or intend to take, as this will not present your plan in a realistic light. For example, if you've completed your General Education courses, do not include one of the these courses simply because it's an Honors course.
Resources for making your plan:
- The list of credit-bearing Honors options under "For Current Students"->"Courses and Credit" including the list of Honors courses typically offered, as well as other credit-bearing options
- The description of the Honors permit process in the same section
- Your department's curriculum for your major, available in the Tennessee Tech course catalogue (accessible from your new department's landing page or under "Academics" on the Tech home page)
- Your assigned advisor in your major department at Tech
- The "Getting in Touch with Us" section of the Honors website, in case you have questions
not answered on the website
Submit your complete plan via email to email@example.com with the subject line "Honors plan."
The Honors office will contact you via your Tech e-mail after reviewing your credentials. We may not be able to respond immediately while serving current students, so please be patient. If you would like to check on the status of your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY here for admission to Tech Honors as a transfer or continuing full-time college student.
We look forward to meeting you!