Doris Bush-Essler Scholarship
Amount: Currently $500 per year
Deadline for submission of all required paperwork: Wednesday, May 8, 2013.
This scholarship is designated for an active member of the Honors Program who plans to work with academically gifted students upon graduation.
- Must be a prospective or current student in good standing in accordance with current institutional policies.
- Must be academically gifted and enrolled in the Honors Program.
- Must aspire to work with academically gifted student upon graduation.
- The recipient may retain the scholarship for up to eight (8) semesters as long as all requirements continue to be met.
- The recipient will be chosen by a committee appointed by the Director of the Honors Program, and will include both of the Honors directors, and at least two Honors faculty members.
- Emphasis for selection should be on the person and not on financial need.
To apply, submit the following by deadline above:
- A short essay (approximately 250 words) describing your career goals, course of study (current and future), and other experience in pursuit of a career in gifted education, and why you have chosen this field.
- A copy of your academic transcript.
- Your current resume or curriculum vitae, including a list of all the Honors courses you have completed, and a list of all your contributions and activities within the structure of the Honors Program and ASG.
Submit your complete application in person to the Honors Program Office, Henderson Hall 214. (Prospective students: submit the application (preferably by registered mail) to the Honors Program, TTU Box 5124, Cookeville, TN 38505.) Deadline for current students is Wednesday, May 8, 2013.