The Honors Academic Scholarship (HAS) is available ONLY to students who are NOT official residents of the state of Tennessee. The HAS covers the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees.
If you plan to apply for the HAS, it is HIGHLY recommended that you also apply for other TTU scholarships as well. To apply for other TTU scholarships, complete the TTU Scholarship Application, available on the TTU ScholarWeb website. The deadline to apply for all scholarship other than the HAS is December 15, 2014.
To be considered for the HAS, a student must have already been accepted as a full member of the TTU Honors Program.
A student may receive the HAS only through his/her eighth full-time semester of undergraduate study. This includes semesters of study prior to receiving the HAS, and prior to attending TTU.
Prerequisites for the HAS:
- Legal residency outside of the state of Tennessee.
- Full membership in the TTU Honors Program
HAS scholarship maintenance requirements:
- Take at least one Honors course each semester until all requirements for graduation in cursu honorum are completed.
- Maintain a 3.50 cumulative GPA each semester.
- Successfully complete the Honors Program Enrichment Option (HPEO) each semester.
For the 2015-16 academic year, the HAS application period opens on September 1, 2014, and the completed HAS application must be submitted in full by August 1, 2015.
For Spring semester, 2015, the HAS application must be submitted in full by November 30, 2014.
If you are interested in fully participating in the Honors Program at TTU, and wish to apply for the Honors Academic Scholarship, you should complete the following steps, in order:
- Read about the Honors Program: Start HERE on the Honors Website
- Read about HPEO - The Honors Program Enrichment Program: What is HPEO?
- Read the complete terms and requirements of the Honors Academic Scholarship:
Scholarship Terms and Rules
- Apply to the Honors Program: submit an application for admission into the Honors Program as a full member.
You must PRINT the application form and fill it out by hand. You then must either (a) send it by regular mail to the address shown on the form; or
(b) scan the completed form, attach it to an email, and send the email to Honors Program secretary Patty Korczyk at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incoming Freshman / Current or Transfer Student
- Apply for the Honors Academic Scholarship online, using TTU ScholarWeb.
Use the Academic Year 2015-16 HAS Application if you are applying for the HAS to begin in Fall, 2015.
Use the Spring, 2015, HAS Application if you are applying for the HAS to begin in Spring semester, 2015.