An educated, sensitive, effective and supported workforce is the cornerstone of Tennessee Tech. The quality of interpersonal relationships and interactions among students, faculty, administrative, and support staff defines the core of an informed and resiliency-building university.
Below are a few articles regarding trauma and grief. Please take a moment to read through these as help for yourself or any employee in response to the recent tragic events in our cherished community.
- Optum Workplace Trauma Information
- Things to Remember about Trauma
- How Management can Help Employees Cope with Trauma
- Coworkers Facing Grief Together
- Strategies to Cope with Grief
- How to Help When You Don't Know What to Say
Also, if anyone feels that they need additional support, please contact the Employee Assistance Program (toll free 1-800-548-6549) in order to speak with a counselor over the phone or to obtain referrals for counselors in their communities. This service is available to employees 24 hours per day / 7 days per week. Additional resources can be obtained through the EAP website, www.here4tn.com.