Reporting a Work Related Injury or Illness
All Tennessee Tech employees who have had an on-the-job injury (even minor injuries
that do not require medical treatment) should follow these instructions. Employees
include benefited employees, temporaries, adjunct faculty, graduate assistants and
1. Call 911 for all emergencies that result in serious bodily injury and seek treatment at the nearest emergency room.
2. Notify your supervisor immediately.
3. Tell your supervisor what happened, how it happened, who saw what happened, and if you were injured as a result of the accident.
4. If you are a witness to a work related accident where a fellow employee is injured and the involved employee cannot notify his or her supervisor, you should attempt to notify the supervisor.
5. You and your supervisor need to call the 24/7 Call Center (1-866-245-8588).
6. Select Option #1 to speak with a nurse for immediate care.
7. The supervisor needs to send an email to HR (email@example.com) to report the injury.
8. After the nurse recommends treatment, the supervisor will call the First Notice of Loss hotline (1-866-245-8588) and select option #2 to answer additional questions.