- Registration is open! Register here
- Registration deadline: TBD
- Final competition: Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Tradeshow: TBD
- Pitch Competition: TBD
- Make a difference in the world
- Gain real-world experience
- Participate in something meaningful and life changing
- Learn new skill sets which are valuable to future employers
- Get involved and grow with a diverse group of peers
- Win thousands in awards
- Get involved with the innovation & entrepreneurship community at TN Tech
- Have fun!
How do I compete or get help?
Will TN Tech provide any resources to help my team prepare?
- Yes! We will offer mentor support, fun events, classes and more
- Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2019EagleWorks/
Will TN Tech own the rights to, or any equity in, my business or intellectual property (IP)?
- No, you will own all rights to your business; however, there are a few caveats:
- Significant use of university resources may require equity share; also:
- There are circumstances in which you can optionally choose to partner with TN Tech for an equity stake in your company to cover patent filings, legal work, etc. Please view the video below from our student IP pop-up, "If I make it, does Tech own it?" and the accompanying presentation for more information.
How will the awards be distributed?
- Awards will be placed on your student account as a scholarship
- Awards will be equally distributed among team members
- If you are graduating in December, you may still compete; however, you will not be eligible to receive awards as all prizes are applied to student accounts
Will the judges invest in our company?
- No, The judges will not invest their own money into the company
Who are the judges?
- There will be a series of preliminary rounds before the main competition. The judges will be comprised of faculty and business leaders. Judges will be announced on the day of preliminary rounds
- We will announce the judges for the finalists at the main competition
- Judges for the main competition will be comprised of representatives from TN Tech, the State of Tennessee, the business community, and more