View pictures, videos, and marketing materials from our events in the media gallery
- Wed, 1/23/19 5 p.m. - Eagle Works Review and Effective Communication @iMakerSpace
- Wed, 1/30/19 5 p.m. - Branding @iMakerSpace
- Wed, 2/6/19 5 p.m. - Business Model Canvas @iMakerSpace
- Wed, 2/20/19 5 p.m. - Business Plan/Financials @iMakerSpace
- Wed, 2/27/19 5 p.m. - Intellectual Property: If I Make It Does Tech Own It? @iMakerSpace
- Wed, 3/13/19 5 p.m. - Best Practices for Pitches @The Biz Foundry
- Tue, 3/26/19 5 p.m. - Eagle Works Pitch Practice @The Biz Foundry
- Wed, 3/27/19 5 p.m. - Eagle Works Pitch Practice @iMakerSpace
- Fri, 4/5/19 4 p.m. - Last chance Eagle Works pitch practice (Derryberry Auditorium)
What's a Pop-up?
Pop-ups are one hour workshop-like events which expose Tennessee Tech students, faculty, staff, and members of the surrounding community to specialized subjects and concepts not taught in every curriculum or excluded from common higher education curriculum all together.
These events can be student, faculty, or community volunteer-led, and they are open to the entire campus community! Pop-ups move around, so be sure to check here and in Tech Times for announcements.
Why is this important?
The current university student population will have an average of SIX careers in their life time! Pop-ups give you the ability to test the waters in something you may have never known you'd enjoy, and employers are looking for these diverse skill sets.
We currently have two pop-up series during the academic year:
- The I&E pop-up series boasts a wide variety of subjects and topics, and guess what! We are looking for more ideas! If you have a subject you'd like to learn more about, or if you'd like to teach a pop-up, drop us a line via the Contact Us link.
- The Eagle Works pop-up series takes place during the Spring Semester and includes topics which provide support to our competing teams. Even if you aren't participating in Eagle Works, all of our pop-ups are open to the entire university community, so don't let that deter you from coming to learn about something you are really interested in!