GSBIT - FAQ's
- Who is eligible?
- What does it cost?
- When is the deadline for applications?
- How will students be selected?
- Can students apply for more than one school?
- If a student has already attended a Governor's School, may they apply to
- How does a student acquire specific information about Governor‘s Schools?
- What are the activities outside of class?
- Who are the instructors?
- Do students earn any special credits?
- Is transportation provided to/from church?
- Does an up-to-date transcript need to be included?
- If the school requires two specific types of teacher recommendations and a
student has only one, what should he/she do?
- Can students with disabilities apply?
- Are students required to stay for the four week program?
- How many students will be selected?
- When will students be notified of selection for participation or alternate status?
- When should alternates expect the Governor‘s School to contact them regarding
- Will students‘ home schools be notified?
- If test scores are not available for applying sophomores, what should be used?
- Other than grades, test scores, etc., what do reviewers look at in this
- Is the application confidential?