What's a "Maker-Member"?
Maker-Members are students/faculty members who have gone through the basic training required to receive the privileges and benefits listed below:
- Eagle Card access to the MakerSpace any time the library is open
- Check out a locker for your projects/materials
- Use of the equipment you’ve been trained on without an appointment any time the library is open
DISCLAIMER: The MakerSpace is still open and available to ALL TN Tech students and faculty, but those who have not gone through the process outlined below are not eligible for the privileges and benefits listed above.
What you have to do:
- Complete the required safety training modules on any TN Tech computer with a Windows operating system
- Go to the “Start” menu and search \\eagle\OSHA\go.bat
- Choose the “go.bat” item to launch the training software
- A blue menu for “Rogers’ Learning System” will appear. Choose and complete each of the required courses:
- Hand tools
- Electrical Hazards
- Make sure to print and sign the training quiz certificates at the end of each course and scan as one PDF file*
- Print, sign, and scan as one PDF file* the forms listed below
- Fill out the Maker-Member Registration Form, upload the two PDF scans of your forms & certificates*, and submit a photo for your name badge!
- All badge photos should include a straight-on view of your head and shoulders only (like your driver's license/passport photo)
- Please ensure lighting is adequate
- Backgrounds should be solid white or off-white
- Your image should be 400 pixels by 400 pixels (Hint: many smart phones allow you to take square photos so you can start here OR crop the photo to a square AT LEAST 400 px by 400 px, do not distort the photo)
- Image files accepted: PNG, JPG, JPEG
- We reserve the right to reject your submitted photo, if it does not comply with the regulations listed above.
- Once you have submitted your form with all the required information, we will email you when your badge is ready!
*Don’t have a scanner? Visit your app store and download the “CamScanner” app on your favorite mobile device, then take pictures of your documents and send yourself a PDF to upload to the web form.