As a new international student, there are a few items you will want to make sure you complete or start prior to your arrival in the United States. We have compiled a checklist of these items below with additional information.
If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the below items, please contact the International Education Office.
- 1. Setup TechExpress & Campus Email
TechExpress is a powerful resource you'll use often! You'll find all your most-used Tennessee Tech resources, including your Tech email, WiFi password, T-Number (ID Number), University news and events, the campus directory, and so much more. TechExpress also automatically logs you into all campus websites. You won't need to remember multiple usernames and passwords for different sites; as long as you're logged into TechExpress, you're good to go!
Setup your TechExpress account.
- Visit https://express.tntech.edu
- For step-by-step instructions on how to setup your TechExpress account, watch Information Technology's Logging in to TechExpress for the First Time video.
- If you need additional assistance, contact the IT HelpDesk at (931) 372-3975 or at email@example.com.
Access and check your student email account.
- Once your TechExpress account is setup, you will be able to access your Tennessee Tech student email account via the email QuickLink.
- Make sure to start checking your campus email regularly!
- If you need additional assistance, contact the MyTech HelpDesk at (931) 372-3975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. Immigration Documentation
Because you are an international student, there is certain documentation that is needed in order for you to enroll at Tennessee Tech:
- F-1 or J-1 Visa
- Form DS-2019
Scan and email copies of your Passport, Visa, and DS-2019 to Andrew Bleignier, (email@example.com) Assistant Director for International Education.
- 3. Housing
Living On Campus
International students are not required to live on campus. However, living on campus does provide the convenience of being in close proximity to classes and campus resources, and there are a variety of living options: on-campus residence halls (both new and traditional style) and on-campus apartments.
Living Off Campus
For off-campus housing students can search for an apartment on Apartment Rental Guide.
- 4. Meal Plans
Meal Plan selection is available in your Eagle Online account via TechExpress!
If you are living on campus, you will be required to select one of the "Unlimited Plans."
If you will be living off campus, a meal plan is not required; however, if you choose to have one, you can select any plan that best meets your needs.
To learn more or purchase a meal plan, use the gold buttons below.
- 5. Money Transfer
If you intend on sending money to Tennessee Tech through wire transfer you must send it at least 2 weeks before you arrive due to processing time. The following information must be used in order to send it properly:
- Wire ABA - 062005690
- Cookeville Routing - 064000017
- Tennessee Tech Account - 192389929
- SWIFT Code - UPNBUS44
- Regions Bank
150 4th Ave N
Nashville, TN 37219
- Bank contact - Katherine Murrie
We also take Master Card, Visa, and Discover Credit Cards
- 6. Arrange Airport Pickups
Will you need to be picked up at the Nashville International Airport (BNA) upon your arrival in the United States?
- Please send your entire plane ticket reservation to the International Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After picking up luggage on Baggage claim level proceed to the baggage claim area information desk to check in with staff to let them know you have arrived.
- If for any reason you should miss one of your flights or your flight is delayed for any reason you may reach one of the staff members with the Office of International Education at 931-372-3643.
There will be a charge put on your student account by the university for your pickup. This charge will need to be paid before your enrollment can be confirmed for the semester (do not pay the driver).
As the Shuttle service is owned by a contracted vendor, Tennessee Tech cannot be held liable if they miss the pickup.
- 7. Complete Pre-Arrival Orientation
To familiarize yourself with campus, as well as the state of Tennessee and local Cookeville area, complete the Pre-Arrival International Orientation. To complete the orientation:
- Visit flight.tntech.edu.
- Login with your Tennessee Tech username (ex. AWEagle42) and password. Please note that this is the same password you use to log into your TechExpress account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the orientation. It takes most students around 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
If you have need assistance logging in, please contact the IT HelpDesk at (931) 372-3975 or at email@example.com.