If you are an international student attending a college or a university abroad and would like to come to Tennessee Tech for a semester or year we have an exciting new program for you. The Visiting International Program (VIP) helps college students come to Tennessee Tech for a semester or academic year and experience studying in the United States.
How Do I Begin?
To begin the process you must fill out International Exchange/Visiting Student Application (PDF). Once you complete it and the health forms (below), please scan and email it to ALMiller@tntech.edu or fax it to 931-372-6189. Visiting students can also fill out the online application for "International Transfer Students". Visiting students do not pay the $40 application fee. After completing the online application please e-mail email@example.com.
What must I Submit to be a Visiting Student?
- A letter of good standing from your current university
- Transcripts in English from your institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Adequate evidence of financial support equal to $7,500 (U.S.) for each semester
- Copy of your passport showing how to spell your name and any extensions
- Once admitted, be sure to pay the SEVIS fee prior to your visa appointment; go to www.fmjfee.com to pay the SEVIS fee online.
- Once admitted you will be sent a Certificate of Admission and your DS2019 which will be used to apply for your J-1 visa.
How Much Does the Visiting International Program Cost?
- Visiting students may request to have out-of-state tuition waived.
- Visiting students are eligible to work on campus (if available).
- Visiting students are eligible to do a Co-op after one semester.
- Visiting students have the option of living on or off campus.
If sending by postal mail, please send all materials to:
Tennessee Tech University
1 William L. Jones Dr., Derryberry Hall Rm. 135, Box 5093
Cookeville, TN 38505 USA
Phone: (931) 372-3634 Fax: (931) 372-3674
Please see our Quick Information Page for dates and other important information. You will also need to go to the International Education website for more information about courses offered, course descriptions, insurance, etc.
If you are interested in taking ESL- English as a Second Language classes, TTU has an on-campus program called FLS International. You can find out more information about this program at www.fls.net.
If you have any questions, please email us at Intl_adm@tntech.edu