Student Email FAQs
How do I get to my TTU student email (inbox.tntech.edu)?
- Open a browser and go to: http://inbox.tntech.edu
- At the Inbox Login Screen:
- Type your username (for example: astudent42)
- Type your PC Lab password
(If you are a new student, you must first reset your password from your Tech Banner ID (T number). See tips on selecting a strong password.)
- Click the Log In button
How do I compose a new email?
- Click on the Compose button to begin typing a message.
How long will messages stay in the trash folder?
- Messages in your Trash folder will be automatically deleted after 7 days.
- You can delete messages in the Trash folder at any time by clicking on the Empty link. This will help you regain disk space, if needed.
Can I use POP or IMAP to read my email through inbox.tntech.edu?
- Inbox.tntech.edu is a web-based email system.
- Access via IMAP or POP is NOT available. Optionally, you can forward your mail to another service, such as hotmail or gmail, and then use POP to retrieve your messages.
How do I reset my password if I have forgotten it?
- By coming either to the Help Desk (phone: (931) 372-3975) in CH313 (open 8am to 10pm M-F and Sunday 5pm - 10pm) OR
- By coming to the glass window in CH226 (phone: (931) 372-3388) during normal business hours (8am to 11pm).
- If you are off campus or an alumni, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the reason that I am no longer receiving any email?
- Your email will NOT be delivered if your disk quota is full (20MB).
- Look at the top of the email screen to see a chart of how much space is remaining.
- Be sure to delete messages you do not need, especially those with attachment.
- Note that the maximum size of an individual message including attachments and the necessary email overhead may not exceed 10 MB.
- After deleting a message, if you want to immediately recover the space, click on the Trash folder, select all message and click on Delete.
How do I forward my TTU student email to another address?
- Login to inbox.tntech.edu
- From the menu at the left side, select Options.
- At the top, select Forwarding
- Type in the address you want your email forwarded to.
- Click Start
- To undo forwarding, click Stop.
How do I print messages?
Inbox.tntech.edu is a web based application, so use your browser's commands.
- In Internet Explorer, from the menu, select File > Print to print an important message before you delete it.
- You can cut and paste content into another document, such as Word, to save the content elsewhere if desired.
How do I save attachments in TTU student email?
- Click on the message to open it.
- Click on the Open link next to the filename of the attachment.
- Select File > Save As
- Navigate to a location where you wish to save your message, such as a flash drive, or the My Documents folder in the PC labs.
- Type a filename
- Click Save
What do I need to do if my name changes and I would like my username to reflect that change?
- Let the TTU Records Office know of the change for Eagle Online.
- Your username will NOT be changed.
What happens when I leave the university?
- If you withdraw from TTU, your inbox.tntech.edu email and PC Lab account will be deactivated the next day.
- If you graduate, you may continue to use your inbox.tntech.edu email account. When it is inactive for about one year, it will be deactivated.
Where can I go for help?
- After logging in, click on Help for more detailed information on using inbox.tntech.edu
NOTE: not all features documented under Help are available.
- For additional assistance contact: MailAdmin@tntech.edu