The University sends official communications to all Tennessee Tech e-mail addresses. All students receive a @students.tntech.edu e-mail address. This address will receive notices about schedules, grade results, billing information, emergency alerts, important deadlines, a daily email newsletter, and all other official university information. It is your responsibility to read and manage this e-mail.
LOGIN TO STUDENT EMAIL:
To login to your student email go to outlook.com/students.tntech.edu
- Type your full email address (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Type your TTU password
( New Students: You must first reset your password from your Tech Banner ID (T number). See tips on selecting a strong password.)
- Click the Sign In button
TIP: Bookmark the outlook.com/students.tntech.edu site for quicker access to email.
Select the Reset Your Password tab below. Use your T# as your old password.
What is New?
Microsoft has upgraded our former Live@edu system to Office 365. Office 365 is now the official e-mail system for students and alumni. Office 365 provides 25GB of e-mail storage. Additionally, you have 7GB of storage and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more via your free SkyDrive account.
SkyDrive has been automatically configured for all student accounts existing prior to August 14, 2013; this is now maintained as a separate account from your Office 365 email. However, you can use your same TTU email address and password to access SkyDrive’s features. Please note that if you change your password for either account, it will not automatically update or change the other.
For accounts created after August 14, visit skydrive.live.com to sign up for a free account. Remember, this will provide 7GB of cloud storage for your files, as well as access to Microsoft Office products.
Your Eagle Online (Banner Self Service) account
- For online access to your records allowing you to view grades, register, pay fees, etc. over the internet.
- From the TTU homepage, click on Student Life
- Select Eagle Online
- Login using your T Number as your User ID and your PIN as the password
- When you log in for the first time, you will need to set up the security question and answer option. You will use this option if you forget your PIN.
- If you forget your PIN, enter your T# and click on FORGOT YOUR PIN. After answering your question correctly, you will have your PIN.
- If you get the message YOUR LOGIN HAS BEEN BLOCKED, you need to contact the ITS Operations (931-372-3388) during the hours of 8:00am to 11:00pm Monday through Friday.
- If you change your PIN, DO NOT use all 9s.
Finding Your Username for Email
- While logged in to Eagle Online
- Select the section labeled Personal Information
- Select View E-Mail Addresses
- Look under Campus Email address. The part of your email address before the @students.tntech.edu is your username.
- Your username is usually your First and Middle initials, followed by up to 8 letters of your last name, followed by two digits.
Example: Jane Q. Smithsonian's username would be: jqsmithson42
Reset your password and setup security questions for your account.
Please allow a minimum of five minutes to pass after setting your new password before you attempt to log into your student email account. This allows time for synchronization between TTU and Microsoft servers. Failure to wait may result in error messages.
You can access Office 365 email help from within your email by selecting the Help icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
For help configuring your mobile device to access Office 365, please visit Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-suite-help/set-up-and-use-office-365-on-your-phone-or-tablet-HA102818686.aspx
Unauthorized access is prohibited by The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986, and can result in administrative, disciplinary or criminal proceedings.