Course reserves are supplemental materials for students to use. All reserve materials are included in the library catalog and must be requested for checkout/use at the library Front Desk.
How to Put Materials on Course Reserves
- Read the Course Reserves Policies for details, and contact Charlene McClain with any questions.
- Complete the Course Reserves Form, one form per course.
- If all reserve items are library-owned, your work is done. If any of the items are personally owned, please bring them to the Front Desk with a note. Write "COURSE RESERVES" on the note and include your name and the course.
- The items will be placed on reserve within three business days and you will receive email confirmation once the items have been processed and are ready for use.
- At the end of each semester, usage data will be emailed to you.
What to Put on Your Syllabus
If you are putting items on reserve, it is helpful to include a paragraph in your syllabus similar to the one below:
- 2-hours - May not be taken from the building. May be renewed at the Front Desk if no one is waiting for it.
- 4-days - May be taken from the building. May be renewed at the Front Desk.