- Fill out the Travel Proposal Form and send your completed Travel Proposal form directly to your supervisor for approval. Remember that if travel is for only one day that you are not reimbursed for meals.
- Supervisors will then forward to Dianne stating the travel is 'Approved'.
- After approval Dianne will let you borrow her pro card for registration fees and airfare. Hotel fees, meals, gas, and parking must be paid by you and then you are reimbursed for those expenses as long as you get receipts.
- RENTAL CAR INFORMATION: Call Dianne before renting a car to make sure that there is enough money in the library account for car rental. The library account number is 240006. If you are getting a rental car at the airport, then you will rent the car through Emerald National website. Otherwise, if you are picking up your rental car in Cookeville then you will need to make reservations for your rental car via the Enterprise link. With the Enterprise link, you can do a cost comparison (Trip Optimizer) and you MUST attach this cost comparison when opting to drive your personal car as opposed to flying or renting a car. If it is cheaper to fly or rent, that is the amount you will be reimbursed for your mileage. If you are picking up a rental car from Enterprise in Cookeville, then go after you get off work so that the library doesn't have to pay for an extra day - Enterprise closes at 6pm. For more information on renting a car for travel, visit the purchasing webpage on vehicle rental contract information.
- Here are the Travel Per Diem Changes effective 10/1/2015.
- Print the Per Diem Rates (for meals & incidentals) page when traveling out of state - the Business Office requires us to attach a copy.
- Get receipts for EVERYTHING! The library is now only reimbursing based on receipts - not on per diem rates.
Doug's Recommended Reading
- ASU, edX reimagine first year of college (April 27, 2015)
Relevancy / Innovation
- New Technologies Gain Traction at University Libraries (March 2015)
- MAKER UNIVERSITIES (Sept 2014)
- Update on the CAVE at Villanova (8/18/2014)
- Being Essential Is Not Enough, Part 2 | Peer to Peer Review (7/18/2014)
- University of Texas Arlington article on how libraries are changing.(3/25/2014)