Tutoring Coordinator: Lydia Kendall
The Tutee’s Role in Tutoring
(The tutee is the person receiving help from the tutor.)
Tutors are knowledgeable, approachable, and patient. They are available to help students understand course material, to answer questions, and to offer suggestions for studying and learning. Please help them by following these Tips for Tutees:
- Be on time for tutoring sessions; call if you will be late or absent.
- Set reasonable goals for both short and long-term work. Write them down; share them with your tutor; and revise, if necessary.
- Have specific concepts or questions ready to discuss with the tutor.
- Ask the tutor to explain specific concepts.
- Tell the tutor if he/she is going too fast or telling you too much.
- Don’t be afraid to say, “I still don’t get it; let’s do it again.”
- Take notes during tutoring session to review on your own.