The program includes duets featuring Ott and Martin performing works by Michael Blavet, Alejandro Tkaczevski, Francine Tremblot de la Croix. Ott will be accompanied on piano by Paul Thurmond on two pieces.
Ott currently serves as principal flute with the Yakima Symphony and the Malibu Coast Chamber Orchestra, and he has presented clinics, adjudicated, and performed as a recitalist and concerto soloist on both the flute and baroque flute throughout the United States, Europe, and the Peoples' Republic of China.
Ott served as program chair for the Dallas National Flute Association convention and has published numerous articles in "Flute Talk Magazine" and "The National Flutist Quarterly." His recordings include "Pennipotenti," "Flute for Thought," "Concerto Collage" and "Latin Expressions." He is an author of the widely used textbook "Teaching Woodwinds" published by G. Schirmer.
Other free TTU Music Events:
• Monday, Jan. 17, guest pipe organ recital featuring Gerald Hansen, 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 18, faculty cello recital with Dan Alcott, 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 20, faculty recital with Charles Decker and Joy Rachor, 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 23, Aubry White student flute recital, 7:30 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 24, faculty horn recital with Jeremy Hansen, 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 29, Clarinet Choir Day Concert, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, Clarinet Studio Recital, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, new music recital with Jacob Stanfield and Aaron Schmitt, 7:30 p.m.
All of the above events will be held at Wattenbarger Auditorium.