Published: Wed Jan 19, 2011Folk-rock group Sleepy Eyed Fox will play the Backdoor Playhouse at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 27. Opening for the group will be Jen Richardson and Mary Summerlin. >
Sleepy Eyed Fox formed in 2009 with members John Essary, Sarah Huddleston and Nick Huddleston as a fun summer project. Soon to join the trio were Chad Huddleston and Stephen Earnest.
This is a Center Stage event and is free and open to the public. Center Stage Events are made possible by the General Education Fund, which is supported by student fees.
The campus host for the band, Andy Smith, says the show will feature a culturally unique genre of music and presents young, aspiring musicians in an intimate context that promotes community and interaction.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Joan Derryberry Art Gallery
• Kevin J. Kelly's exhibit of block prints on display through Thursday, Feb 3. A gallery talk and reception with the artist is set for 6 p.m. Feb. 3.
• Thursday, Jan. 20, Charles Decker, faculty trumpet recital, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 21, Hal Ott guest flute recital with faculty member Roger Martin, 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 23, Aubry White student flute recital, 3 p.m.
• Monday, Jan. 24, faculty horn recital with Jeremy Hansen, 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 29, Clarinet Choir Day Concert, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, Clarinet Studio Recital, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, new music student recital with Jacob Stanfield and Aaron Schmitt, 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 1, faculty trombone recital by Joshua Hauser, 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 2,Philip Collins, former principal trumpet of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Center Stage lecture: "So You Want to Be a Musician?" 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 3, joint faculty recital with Kristin Hauser, bassoon, and Yoomi Paick, piano, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 4, Trombones at Tech: Trombone Pops Night, 7:30 p.m.
The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 931-372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 931-372-3161.