The Appalachian Center for Craft at Tennessee Tech University will hold its annual juried exhibition for students working on a bachelor of fine arts degree.
Ted Rose, dean of Cumberland University’s School of Music and Arts, will judge the competitive exhibition. Students from each studio – fibers, clay, glass, metals, painting and wood – will submit their best new work to the show.
Awards will be presented at the opening reception at 5 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27, in Gallery One of the Craft Center. The exhibition will be up until Friday, March 23.
For more information, call (615) 597-6801 or (931) 372-3051 or visit www.tntech.edu/craftcenter.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Appalachian Center for Craft
- Nathan Hansen’s “Vestiges,” a wooden machine installation, continues until Friday, March 2, in Gallery Two.
- Rob Jackson’s “The Eloquent Nail,” a jewelry exhibition, continues until Monday, April 2, in the North Windows Gallery.
- The Juried Bachelor of Fine Art Exhibition, featuring various media, opens Monday, Feb. 27, and runs until Friday, April 6, in Gallery One.
- UNCLE’s Battle of the Bands is at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23.
- TTU Jazz Bands, directed by Chris McCormick, perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23.
- A euphonium recital for Cody Dailey and Tyler Thurber is at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- A student tuba recital for Calab Matthews and Travis Roverson is at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- Jalen Talley’s tuba recital is at 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- Nick Waycaster’s euphonium recital is at 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- Alaina Langhirt’s junior flute recital is at 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- The Mastersingers, conducted by Craig Zamer, perform at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 26.
- The TTU Concert Band performs at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27.
- Philip Barham’s faculty saxophone recital is at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28.
- A student recital for Nick Bendeck, Kyle Davis and Doug Wiegel is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29.
- A student recital for Casey Irvine, Jared Rosson and Amanda Werlein is at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29.
- Austin Vogt’s euphonium recital is at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 1.
- Alex Hill’s tuba recital is at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, March 1.
The Appalachian Center for Craft is located six miles off Highway 56 (Interstate 40, Exit 273) near Smithville. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 372-3161.