Furniture artist Jenna Goldberg will be at Tennessee Tech University and TTU’s Appalachian Center for Craft Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 20-21, to give demonstrations and discuss how she makes her work.
The demonstration will be from 1:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. on Monday in the front design room of the Appalachian Center for Craft.
Goldberg will give a slide show presentation of her work at 11 a.m. Tuesday in Prescott Hall room 215 on TTU’s main campus.
Both events are free and open to the public.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Appalachian Center for Craft
- Harlan Butt’s “National Park Series,” an enamel on metal series, continues until Friday, Feb. 17 in Gallery One.
- Jenna Goldberg will give a demonstration of her work from 1:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday, Feb. 20.
- Nathan Hansen’s “Vestiges,” a wooden machine installation, continues until Friday, March 2 in Gallery Two.
- Rob Jackson’s “The Eloquent Nail,” a jewelry exhibition, continues until Monday, April 2 in the North Windows Gallery.
The Backdoor Playhouse
- Oedipus Rex continues at 8 p.m. Feb. 17-18. A late show is at 10 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 16, with a matinee at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18.
- The TTU Symphony Band, conducted by Joseph Hermann, performs as part of the 2012 Festival of Winds and Percussion at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 17.
- The Bryan Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Dan Allcott and featuring guest violin soloist Noe Inue, performs at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 19.
- The University Orchestra, conducted by Dan Allcott, performs at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21.
- A student recital is at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22.
- UNCLE’s Battle of the Bands is at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23.
- TTU Jazz Bands, directed by Chris McCormick, perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23.
- Alaina Langhirt’s junior flute recital is at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
- The Mastersinger’s, conducted by Craig Zamer, perform at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 26.
The Appalachian Center for Craft is located six miles off Highway 56 (Interstate 40, Exit 273) near Smithville. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 372-3161.