On-Campus vs. Online Orientation
We understand that being a new transfer student can sometimes be overwhelming as you
adjust to a new campus. To help with your transition, we have provided two program
options to best meet your needs.
On-Campus Transfer Orientation
We offer three (3) on-campus orientation sessions for new transfer students. Transfer students will receive an orientation invitation in April providing instructions on how and when to register for one of these on-campus sessions. For more information about this option, please visit our Transfer Orientation Agenda site.
- Friday, May 17
- Wednesday, July 17
- Wednesday, August 14
Note: There is no fee for new transfer students to attend on-campus orientation.
Registration for on-campus Transfer Orientation and Online Orientation will be available in April.
Admitted students will receive information in March regarding how to register for and complete their orientation. For questions, please Contact Us!
Online Transfer Orientation
In your orientation invitation, you will be provided instructions for our online transfer orientation option. This option provides transfer students with a brief introduction to the University, offers insight on campus resources you will have access to, and provides a glimpse into student life at Tech.
This program is designed for incoming transfer students who:
- Live more than 100 miles from campus
- Are transferring from another institution with 30 or more credit hours
- Are returning to school after a siginificant break in their education
- Have full-time work or family commitments
- Are planning to take online classes only
- Students usually complete online transfer orientation within 45 minutes to 1 hour.