After Admission... What's Next?
After being admitted to Tech, you will need to review this checklist below to ensure
your first semester on-campus is as smooth as possible. Remember, the Office of New
Student & Family Programs is here to help you. If you cannot find the contact information
for a department below, email us at email@example.com.
Please review each section below to ensure you have completed each item on the enrollment checklist.
- ✔ Transfer Credit
- ✔ Academic Advisement
Contact your academic department or Student Success Center to setup an advisement appointment and receive your registration information.
- ✔ Financial Aid & Scholarships
Apply for Scholarships!
New transfer students have until May 1 to submit their application to be considered for Tennessee Tech scholarships.
Complete your FAFSA application!
- Esnure your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) includes Tennessee Tech's FAFSA Code - 003523 and that it has been completed for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- The Office of Financial Aid will then be able to process your financial aid package.
- Once your financial aid package has been processed, you may log into your Eagle Online account to review your award package.
- Make sure to Accept or Decline any awards or aid you have been given.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid for any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (931) 372-3073. Make sure to include your full name and Tech ID Number!
Please note that failure to include Tennessee Tech's FAFSA code on your FAFSA could delay the processing of any state/federal awards, grants, or other aid. This includes Tennessee Hope Lottery Scholarship, Pell Grant, and federal student loans.
- ✔ Campus Email
Access and check your student email account.
- ✔ Transfer Orientation
Complete Transfer Orientation. Transfer students can either attend an on-campus orientation or complete online orientation.
- Admitted students will receive an orientation invitation to the mailing address listed on their admission application. This invitation will include information about how and when to register for orientation.
- For more information about Transfer Orientation, visit the Orientation Information page
- ✔ Health Documentation
Review the Immunization Requirements website for details about required documentation and forms needed for new students.
- Fall admits must have these items submitted by August 20, 2019.
- Contact Health Services at email@example.com with any questions. Make sure to include your full name and Tech ID Number.
- Required documents to submit:
- ✔ Residential Life
If you're living on campus this fall...
- Review information about your campus residence (click here).
- Check your student email for information from Residential Life regarding what to bring and what to leave at home. This information is sent out after housing assignments have been emailed to students.
- ✔ Meal Plans
Meal Plan selection is available in your Eagle Online account! If you haven't already...
- Choose a meal plan option before confirming your enrollment for the fall.
- Visit tntech.edu/dining for more information about meal plans and meal plan options, and contact Dining Services at (931) 372-3276 for any questions you may have regarding meal plans
- ✔ Campus Parking
All on and off-campus students are required to register for parking permit in order to park on campus.
- Visit the Student Parking website for more information about parking on campus
- If you register for classes after August 14, 2019, stop by University Parking (Foundation Hall, room 100) to purchase your permit.
- ✔ Textbooks
Order your textbooks from the University Bookstore to ensure they are ready when you arrive on campus and have the right edition for your classes.
- Log into your Eagle Online account, and select the Student tab. From there, you will select Registration and Order Your Textbooks.
- You can pay for your textbooks using a credit card or your excess financial aid.
- Deadline to purchase books using your excess financial aid is August 9, 2019 by 5pm (central). Students must be registered for classes before using excess aid to purchase textbooks.
- ✔ Tuition & Fees
Tuition & fees will be available in your Eagle Online account beginning July 12, 2019 (for students who have already registered for classes).
- You can make a payment for your tuition after confirming your enrollment.
- All students must "Confirm Enrollment/Save Your Seat" to keep their registered class schedule for each semester at Tech
- If registered for classes prior to August 14, 2019, you must complete this process by August 14, 2019.
- If registered for classes after August 14, 2019, you must complete this process by August 25, 2019.
- ✔ Week of Welcome 2019
Week of Welcome 2019 is right around the corner! Make plans to attend and check out the full schedule of events. You'll get to meet fellow classmates, have fun, and find involvement opportunities on campus!
- ✔ Additional Items
Here are a few additional checklist items for you...
- Disability Services - students interested in requesting disability accommodations must contact the Office of Disability Services and submit proper documentation. For more information, click here!
- TTUAlert - this system allows students to stay informed during campus emergencies via text and email. Students will receive a prompt when logging in to Eagle Online to enter a mobile telephone number or choose to opt out.
- Eagle Card (Student ID) - students attending on-campus orientation will be able to pick-up their Eagle Card at the end of their orientation session. For those transfer students completing online transfer orientation, please take your orientation completion email (digital or printed copy) to the Eagle Card Office located in the Roaden University Center Room 230.