Before Transfer Orientation
Prior to your on-campus Transfer Orientation session you may be contacted via your Tech campus email (tntech.edu/studentemail) to resolve the following items (or holds) on your account. Each student should resolve these matters prior to their orientation session to prevent any problems with their admittance or course registration.
Please make sure to review each item carefully.
- Health Services Documentation
Please review the Immunization Requirements Document (click here) for details about the required documentation and forms needed for new students.
- Student Health Form (click here) - Please fill out the biographical information. Health History is not required, but encouraged in case you are ever treated in Health Services. Photocopies of official medical records are an acceptable replacement for signatures on this form. The MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine) section is ONLY required for out-of-state and homeschooled students. The Varicella (Chicken Pox) section is a state law that REQUIRES all new students to have one of the following: documentation of 2 Varicella immunizations, documentation of immunity, or documentation of a past history of the disease.
- Hepatitis/Meningitis Form (click here) - If you are 17 and under at the time you attend orientation. Your parent or legal guardian is required to complete and sign both sections of this form. Meningitis shots are REQUIRED by state law for any new student living on-campus.
- Tuberculosis Screening Form (click here) - It is REQUIRED that all new students fill out and submit this form regarding tuberculosis screening information prior to registering for classes.
- Residential Life Requirement
Required for freshmen, unless commuting from their parent/legal guardian's main residence. Parent/Legal guardian’s residence must be within 50 mile radius of campus. For more information, visit www.tntech.edu/reslife/.
If you are 17 and under at the time you attend SOAR. Your parent or legal guardian is required to complete and sign both sections of this form. Meningitis shots are REQUIRED by state law for any new student living on-campus.
Recommended Items to Bring
Items marked (*) are required to bring to Transfer Orientation. All other items are recommended for students and guests attending a Transfer Orientation session:
Students that will be working on campus will need to obtain an I-9 card, Employment Eligibility Verification Form. You will not be able to pick up your work assignment or start working until the process is complete. It’s suggested that you complete this process while at orientation so please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (931) 372-3034 for details on how to complete the I-9 process.