Student Orientation Assistants
Apply to be a Student Orientation Assistant
Interested in becoming part of the SOA team? Review the benefits, qualifications, and commitment information provided below.
- Paid summer employment at $9.50/hour
- Early Registration for Spring & Fall 2023
- Exclusive textbook and merchandise discounts at the University Bookstore
- Skills in effective communication
- Extensive leadership experience
- Exclusive t-shirts and Tech swag
- Opportunities for developing or enhancing professional relationships with Tech administration, faculty, staff & new students!
- Must be an undergraduate Tech student and NOT graduating in the Spring/Summer 2023
- Have a positive attitude toward scholarship and the University
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Time to commit to the training schedule & orientation events
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better in college (or 3.0 in high school if you are a freshman)
- Orientation retreat in January 2023
- Training sessions, held on Thursday afternoons from 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. during the Spring semester. *Note: These sessions are mandatory. Work & class schedules must be adjusted to accommodate training.
- Orientation sessions in May, June, July, & August
- Week of Welcome 2023
- Students selected to serve as SOAs cannot take traditional on-campus summer classes. May-mester & online courses are acceptable as long as they do not conflict with summer orientation responsibilities.
If you are interested in applying and want to learn more about the position, hear from past SOAs about their experiences and get your questions answered, we encourage you to attend one of our interest meetings (not required)!
Application Information & Instructions:
- Access the online application by clicking the button below, then follow each of the
four (4) section's instructions.
- All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, Sept. 28.
- REFERENCES - All new applicant references must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 30. A link to the online reference form is also available below.
- Each application will be reviewed. Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview
during one of the two interview days.
Thank you for your interest in this position. The 2023 SOA application is currently closed.