Become an SOA
Interested in becoming part of the SOA team? Review the benefits, qualifications, and commitment information provided below.
- Summer employment at a pay rate of $8.00/hour
- Early Registration for Spring & Fall 2020
- Summer membership to the Tech's Fitness Center
- Exclusive textbook and merchandise discounts at the University Bookstore
- Skills in effective communication
- Extensive leadership experience
- Exclusive t-shirts
- Opportunities for developing or enhancing professional relationships with Tech administration, faculty, staff & new students!
- Must be an undergraduate Tech student and NOT graduating in the Spring/Summer 2020
- Have a positive attitude toward scholarship and the University
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Time to commit to the training schedule & orientation events
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better in college (or 3.0 in high school if you are a freshman)
- Orientation retreat in January 2019
- Training sessions, held on Thursday afternoons from 4:00 P.M. - 6:30 P.M. during the Spring semester. *Note: These sessions are mandatory. Work & class schedules must be adjusted to accommodate training.
- Orientation sessions in May, June, July, & August
- Week of Welcome 2020
- Students selected to serve as SOAs cannot take traditional on-campus summer classes. May-mester & online courses are acceptable as long as they do not conflict with summer orientation responsibilities.
Application Information & Instructions:
- Access the online application by clicking the button below, then follow each of the four (4) section's instructions.
- All applications must be submitted by Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
- REFERENCES - All new applicant references must be submitted by Friday, September 28, 2018. A link to the online reference form is also available below.
- Each application will be reviewed. Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview during one of the two interview days.