We understand there are many checklist items to take care of before your student is admitted and starts classes on campus. As we've mentioned in our Introduction & Advice section, each family's experience will be different. Along those lines, we also know that for some families and parents this experience will be completely new.
Having a student who is the first member of a family to attend college brings a great sense of pride to a family. For parents of a first-generation college student, we want to help you navigate this transition for you and your student. To do so, we have collected some resources to assist with this journey.
- Find College Scholarships for First-in-the-Family Students - U.S. News & World Report
- Five Things Families of First-Gen Students Need to Know - Huffington Post
- Guilt Is One Of The Biggest Struggles First-Gen Students Face - Washington Post
- The Long Way Round: Insights From A First Generation College Student - Huffington Post
- 9 Top Scholarships for First-Gen College Students - NerdWallet.com