Work For TTU!
Some of the many advantages this system offers you include:
- Ability to view and apply for job postings using the system's all inclusive, integrated online features. There is no longer a need to submit paper applications, resumes or other supporting documents in person or mail.
Application AssistanceHuman Resources (931) 372-3034
- Ability to maintain an online employment application, create and save multiple resume formats if desired, and track the status of the positions for which you have applied. A password protected user account secures this process.
- Ultimate access to search and apply for positions from virtually any location at any time.
Please use this site to aid in the use of TTU's online employment system. Click on the tabs below for specific information.
- Please select a user name and password that you will easily remember
- You may wish to write down your user name
- You will need your user name and password each time you visit the site, edit an existing application, apply for a new position, or review the status of current applications.
- Creating separate accounts may slow down the application process.
Information Required to Begin Your Employment Application
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Security Number – Last four digits only!
- Education/Training – Schools attended, including address and degree
- Work Experience/History
- You must complete the work experience portion of the application and attach the required documentation, i.e., resume, cover letter, etc.
- An electronic copy of your resume should be in Microsoft Word (.doc), Excel (.xls), PDF (.pdf), Power Point (.ppt) or Text (.txt).
- The electronic resume can only be attached after completing the application and applying for a specific position.
- Skills – Special training licenses, certification, foreign languages, computer/office skills, etc.
Notes on Attaching Documents
To attach a document to your application for a specific position, click the Attach link next to the type of document you wish to upload. It is strongly recommended that you include your name on each document that you attach. These documents should be black and white only, should not include pictures, and should not be password-protected. Please limit the size of your document to less than 2 MB. To remove a document from your application for this position, click the Remove link next to the document you wish to remove.
If you wish to attach Required documents at a later time, click the Do Not Attach Documents at this Time button. If you have attached all Required documents and do not wish to attach Optional documents, or are finished attaching documents, click the Finished Attaching Documents button. Once you click the Finished Attaching Documents button, you will not be able to attach any further documents to your application for this position.
If you have not completed applying for this position, any documents that you have attached will be saved in the system.
NOTE: Most documents will retain their original formatting when uploaded. If you are uploading a Microsoft Word document, the following are steps you can take to help ensure that it will convert to PDF format properly:
- Please use "standard" fonts, such as Times New Roman, Arial, and other common fonts.
- Avoid the use of complex tables and shading.
- Avoid the use of several columns in one document.
- Avoid embedded images, such as pictures or graphics.
- Due to possible formatting issues for documents prepared in Microsoft Word, you may want to consider first copying the text to Notepad or WordPad. This action will strip out all the Microsoft Word marks and hidden formatting symbols. You can then copy/paste from Notepad or WordPad.
You may also create your attachments as PDF documents and then add them to your application.
Once you have attached your document, please click the View link to verify that it uploaded correctly. After clicking the View link, your document will appear in a separate pop-up window. Close this pop-up window before clicking another View link to prevent viewing difficulties with subsequent documents. If your document appears to have formatting problems, please click the Remove link to remove the document and adjust your document as needed by following the tips above and reattaching it.
What You Need To Know BEFORE You Begin Your Employment Application
- The employment application is the primary tool used in the selection process.
- You must complete information on the application as accurately and thoroughly as possible.
- All requested supporting documents MUST be attached and submitted with the on- line application.
- You must click "Certify changes and save application" on the final page of the application to save the information you have entered.
- For security purposes, the employment system automatically logs you off when it registers no activity for 60 minutes.
- Please do not use your browser's BACK, FORWARD, or REFRESH button to navigate the site. Use the navigational buttons within the site.
- Your application is not complete until you receive a confirmation number.
- If you either close your browser or lose your Internet connection prior to completing your application, log in again and select "Edit application". Complete pages will be saved and you will be able to continue entering information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you enter the website, you may complete an online application by clicking "Create Application", then follow the directions on each screen that comes up.
Perhaps the system is having trouble with the password you are entering. Please try the following:
From the website, click the "Login" link on the left, and then click "I Forgot My Password" (below the boxes where you enter your username and password).At the prompt, enter your User Name. The system will ask you the password retrieval question that you entered when you originally created your account. Respond with the answer you selected when you created your account (the answer is case-sensitive).The system will reset your password to be the same as your User Name. Enter your User Name and new password (also your User Name) in the login boxes. You will immediately have to change your password once you have logged in.
This should enable you to log in, view your application, and apply for positions online.
After completing and saving your application, you may apply your saved application to positions that are of interest to you. To do so, click "Search Postings", then click "View" under a Job Title that interests you, then click the "Apply For This Posting" button. Follow the instructions on the screens that follow in order to complete the application process.
Apply for a position at TTU using the TTU online system. Please visit the TTU employment opportunities website for instructions at: http://jobs.tntech.edu.
If you are applying for temporary or adjunct positions you must also complete an online application, print the application, and submit the paper application to the department where you wish to work.
If you do not have Internet access, please utilize a computer at your local public library at your local Career Center. Human Resources has limited computer Internet access available for use by both current employees and prospective applicants in Derryberry Hall, Room 146.
Yes, all applicants for employment must complete either the general employment application or a Faculty Application. The employment application takes less than 20 minutes to complete.
Applicants create their own secure account with a unique username and password in order to access their information. Departmental representatives and search committees are only able to view and access applications submitted for the specific job postings they are assigned.
If you close your browser, or if you lose your internet connection prior to completing your application, log in again and select "Edit Application." Completed pages will be saved and you will be able to continue entering information. Your application is not complete until you receive a confirmation number.
You must first complete all of the required fields (identified by a red asterisk to the left of the description) before the application can be saved. If you do not have time to complete the application, you may complete just the required fields and come back later to complete the application and apply for a specific position. Be sure that when you reach the last page of the application you click "Save Application". You may return later and edit the application before applying to a specific position. You must remember your user name and password to log back on.
The most likely reason you were logged out is that the Internet connection between your computer and our server was lost at some point during the application process. Another possibility is that, for security reasons, the system automatically logs you out if you do not move within pages at least once within a 60-minute timeframe. The system requires that you click "Save" on the final page of the application in order for you to apply to a position with your application.
To recover the portion of the application you have started please follow the following steps:
- Log in to the employment site with your user name and password
- Click the Manage Documents link on the far left hand side of the screen.
- From the Manage documents Page you can edit and view your application.
- If you do not have an application to view/edit you can create an application from this page by clicking Create Application.
Yes. The information you provide on your online application will be the primary information used to evaluate your qualifications for each job for which you apply.Can I copy selected information from another electronic document and paste the information into the electronic application?
After completing the online application and selecting the position for which you would like to apply, you will come to a screen that allows you to do one of two things:
- Attach resume, cover letter, references, and other documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format, of a file size less than 2 MB.
- Copy and paste or type in resume, cover letter, references, etc.
It is important to read all of the instructions carefully so that you send all of the required attachments for the position. Please bring these documents with you saved on a CD or flash-drive if you plan to use the computer in Human Resources.
If the position you are applying for accepts resumes or other documents, you will have the opportunity to attach your documents after you have clicked the "Apply for this Position" button.
After clicking that button and answering any questions associated with that position, an "Attach Documents" screen will appear, which will inform you of the documents that are accepted for that position (if any). The online employment site accepts documents in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format, of a file size less than 2 MB. If neither format is available to you, you may copy and paste the text of your document into the text box.
See "Notes on Attaching Documents" tab for further information.
You may change/update your application at any time. Once you have submitted an application to a specific job vacancy you may not change/update your application. You may, however, call Human Resources at 931-372-3034 to update your application's address and telephone number only.
Any time your contact information changes (address, phone number, email address, etc) you need to make those updates to your application. If you have acquired additional skills, education, or work experience, you should update your application with this information to make sure all of your qualifications are considered by a hiring manager and selection committee.
After completing and saving your application, you will either see an option to manage or edit your application on the left hand menu. Click that link.
- If it was a Manage Applications link, you should click the option to View your application. In a few moments the entire application will appear in a new window.
- If it was an Edit Application link, you will be able to navigate through the pages until you reach the final page (with the certification statement). Above the "Save" button you should see a link that says "Preview Application". Click that link, and in a few moments the entire application will appear in a new window.
Once your application is displayed in the new window, click File: Print from your browser menu to print the application. Click the "Close Window" link in that new window to return to the online employment site.
During the application process you may be given the opportunity to answer job-related questions. Applicants will know immediately if they meet the minimum educational and work experience requirements. If there is a requirement for additional skills testing, you will find information in the Special Instructions on the Job Details of the position.Can I withdraw my application from consideration for a job?
Yes, you may withdraw your application from a search. If you withdraw from an active search you may not reapply to the same search.
When you have completed the application process, and you meet the minimum qualifications for the job, your application will be reviewed by the hiring manager and search committee. The hiring manager and search committee make the decision as to which applicants are interviewed and which applicant is selected for hire.
If the position has a deadline date, once that date has passed, no applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager and search committee. If the position has a screening date and are open until filled, applications will be accepted until a candidate has been chosen and accepted the position.
Only temporary or adjunct faculty may apply directly with the department. Only applicants applying through the online employment site will be considered.
Please call Glenda Bates, Employment Manager, at 931-372-3713, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call Human Resources, at 931-372-3034, or email email@example.com.