COVID-19 Reporting and Information • HEERF I, II & III

University Police

Crime Incident Procedures

The university has established a judicial process for correcting discrepancies in student conduct that only affect university policy. Should an incident of a criminal nature occur in violation of local, state or federal laws, University Police will investigate the incident and initiate the required legal actions in the courts of law. If assistance is needed, the Cookeville Police Department, Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) may be contacted. The University Police Department has excellent working relations with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and cooperates with them to maintain a current, well-adjusted system of law enforcement procedures. Reports are made annually to the TBI as required by the College and University Security Information Act, TCA 317, May 8, 1989.

Crime Stoppers
To report a crime and remain anonymous, call the Cookeville/Putnam Area Crime Stoppers at 520-STOP (520-7867). Crime Stoppers pays rewards up to $1,000, and you don't have to reveal your name.

The Cookeville/Putnam area Crime Stoppers Program is a part of the Cookeville Police Department Criminal Investigation Division.

Sexual Assault
If you are a victim of sexual assault, your choices and rights will be respected by University Police who are available to help you with your decisions and course of action. These resources are available to you. Choose which one(s) you call based your level of comfort.

Tennessee Tech Counseling Center 372-3331
Genesis House Sexual Assault Response Center 526-5197
Cookeville Regional Medical Center 528-2541
University Police 911 or 372-3234
Cookeville Police 911 or 526-2125

Alcoholic Beverages
The use and/or possession of alcoholic beverages on university-owned or university controlled property is prohibited.

The unlawful possession or use of any drug or controlled substance (including any stimulant, depressant, narcotic or hallucinogenic drug or substance) or sale of distribution of any such drug or substance is prohibited on university-owned or university-controlled property.


Experience Tech For Yourself

Visit us to see what sets us apart.

Schedule Your Visit